PM's ,,, remembering to check for personal message

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
PM\'s ,,, remembering to check for personal message

Am I the only one who forgets to check for personal messages PM's on the new system?

I just saw a blinking envelope to the left of the MAIN MENU button ... and when I clicked it, found a message that had been sent a week ago.

Kinda neat to receive a "personal message" ... but even neater when I remember to check for them!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: PM\'s ,,, remembering to check for personal message

you can make it so that whenever a pm is sent, a notification message goes to you email account.

if not for that, i'd never get my pms. not since the new software at least.

Greta

Flashaholic

How can you miss the little flashy envelope at the top of the page?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ... you don't have to check for it... it's there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened

Yes! I love that envelope thingy! Did you really miss seeing it for a week or is it a problem with the browser you use?

Tomas

Banned
Re: PM\'s ,,, remembering to check for personal mes

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
How can you miss the little flashy envelope at the top of the page?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ... you don't have to check for it... it's there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[humor] Uh, it's obscured by the banners? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif [/humor]

Honestly, I don't get many PM's (thank goodness) so my mind is not "trained" to see and respond to just one more thing that wiggles or twitches on my screen. Eventually I do notice it, and wonder how long I've been ignoring it. The average seems to be a day, maybe a little more.

Oh, well, I respond to e-mail a lot more quickly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

Greta

Flashaholic

WOW!! How interesting! That thing is the FIRST thing I notice when I log on and it's flashing... 'cuz it annoys the crap out of me... aside from the banners... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Disclaimer: I think I should take this opportunity to clarify that I have nothing against our sponsors and/or their banners. As banners go, I think all of our sponsors have great banners. It's just that I don't like "flashy" type things or things that move around my page while I'm trying to do something. I know, I know... I've got to work on this OCD/neurotic condition that I have... but meanwhile, just humor me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

First off, I have PM shut off because THOSE annoy the poop out of me. Email guys! I really like email!

Second, when I DID have the flashing icon, it went unnoticed for weeks. I only look where I want to see, I guess. That's why blindes work so well on horses I suppose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened

>>how can you miss

I dunno...

As soon as my cable modem pops up the main index, my eyes drop to start scanning the forums, glancing quickly at the last posts on the far right ...

And once my face gets lowered to get into the various forums and threads, I get so excited I forget to look up, so I miss the little flashing envelope.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

i'm with both monkey men /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I see the flashing envelope as soon as it starts, and click on it right away. Doesn't bother me at all - and it's a lot friendlier than that obnoxious honking noise the old software generated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

It scares me. I often hide under my desk when it appears. That thing is the boogie-man. I don't know if there's a question, an atta-boy or a beating waiting for me and frankly I don't always want to find out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, I like it soooo much better than the old PM, I see it almost immediately.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
It scares me. I often hide under my desk when it appears. That thing is the boogie-man. I don't know if there's a question, an atta-boy or a beating waiting for me and frankly I don't always want to find out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, I like it soooo much better than the old PM, I see it almost immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with DieselDave, but don't forget to grab your "Security Surefire" before you hide (yes, we are way to old for security blankets... now that we've found flashlights). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike