Surefire M3 Head with P7 & Beamshot

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a Surefire M3 head that I modified witha Mcr38 reflector and a Seoul P7 emitter running direct drive from an 18650. I had to grind down the window retaining ring inside the head to fit the Mcr38. After it was gone the reflector droped right in. I had also used a Uni-Bit to open the hole in the Mcr38 to fit the P7. It actually fucused very well. I made a Slug/Heatsink for the P7 that fits the inside area of the M3T/M4/M6 body. So it is actually a 2 peice system. First drop in the Slug, then screw down the Bezel....CAREFULLY.:thumbsup:

Once I get some time I'll get better Beamshots.
Heres the pics.

093.jpg

099.jpg

096.jpg

104-1.jpg

Gryloc

Enlightened
Boy I wish that I got a light to put my P7 into already. I'll get to it. Nice job! Actually, earlier last evening, I made my McR-38 reflector fit onto the Seoul P7 by carefully widening the hole with an exacto knife (no power tools here). I got the same beam as you. It is not a bad looking beam, but it could get better. I then filed down the back of the McR-38 reflector until it focused properly. I only removed several thousandths of an inch from the back (but I wasn't really counting, either -not that much). I found that the resulting beam was nicer. It was more intense, and the spot was more defined. However, the only slight downfall (if you want to call it that) was the slight donut hole in the middle, like what you may see with a Luxeon V. I would recommend trying out focusing it completely. If you do not like it, you can put something behind the reflector to bring the back off of the shoulder of the Seoul P7 emitter again (to get the same focus as you have now). You can always turn up some delrin or nylon spacers to get the perfect focus. I wish you luck with your P7. It is an awesome emitter!

By the way, do you know what current is being sent to the emitter? Which driver did you use?(Duh, DD from a 18650 cell -oops). I would also like to see the heatsink pictures. How about an outdoor shot compared to other lights? Thanks for sharing!

-Tony

Last edited: