Return to... The Pumphouse!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, after spotting the ghosthunting thread finally, I knew there would likely be some reference to this: "I think I just found a grave in my yard"

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/111589

Sure enough. Well, I bit and to my surprise, it has been 2 years since I posted that thread! I couldn't believe it. Has it really been that long?

Tonight is damp and crummy here in CT, so off I went:

Pumphouse1.jpg

It actually took a bit of looking to find it again; I haven't been out to those woods in awhile now. As you can see, the hole has been made larger. I was a little concerned about getting into that confined space for fear of what I might be disturbing inside (I remember thinking the same thing 2 years ago, too). I came this far, so -

Pumphouse2.jpg

And, the view to starboard inside -

Pumphouse3.jpg

A WE 13V incan got me there; this let me see around -

Lantern1.jpg

A Coleman 1500 lumen Pinnacle propane lantern. After looking around, I walked a ways further down the trail than I had before and saw this -

Councilrock1.jpg

Looked odd enough in the night to snap a pic. The rock actually is really big and is mostly covered with debris. It seems to have some scarring or markings on it. The stone wall nearby is visible. Best my research showed was that there was never a house anywhere nearby to warrant the wall (it's way out in the woods). If you've ever tried building one by hand, you know it's no small job!

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My god it looks like something right out of Silent Hill!:duck: Even the way you tell the story. Great pics!

Dudemar

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yaaay!! The pumphouse story continues!

I can't believe it's been 2 years since the other thread was started either- doesn't seem that long ago.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I just heard a distant wailing scream, followed by a strange heavy thud. I also live in CT, so I'm sure it's related. :eek:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually read the entire old thread.....

You need to do more searching!!:poke:

Can't wait to see where this one goes...:popcorn:

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
PB, are there still no signs of anything living in there? Not even a cobweb?

What interests me the most is the wall. People don't just go through the trouble of building that type of structure out in the middle of nowhere for nothng.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
YESSSS!!!!! :twothumbs

You are the coolest PB! :cool: I'm happy to see you start a new thread and make more discoveries and REALLY glad to be able to actually watch the new thread unfold. :thumbsup:

As far as the big rock and wall...maybe a sacrificial altar and a wall for the evil hordes to stand behind as they watch ceremonies? :devil:

And it is very weird to not see any cobwebs in the pumphouse...:thinking:

Illum

Flashaholic
with the ghosthunting thread still in play I'm surprised you didn't host a get together and charge into the pumphouse with lights of all kinds

I think I see the door of a vault concealed as a watertank :whistle:

was the wall surrounding the boulder or was it only one side? you know you could have found a sacrificial ground for some unknown deity right? :nana:

take a leafblower in and tell us if you see bones on the floor
*grabbing some :popcorn: and sitting down*

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see one of the greatest CPF threads of all time is still alive. With this new interest, I did extensive research and discovered a rarely seen creature that is known to inhabit abandoned pump houses.

birdy.gif