Just Registered

razor7

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone! I am a total flashlight junkie, and have been reading this forum on occasion for a few years. Decided it was finally time to register.

I recently retired from the USMC, and now am working part-time as a tactical/self-defense instructor, with plans of starting my own company doing this full time in the near future.

Most of my experience with good lights has been with Surefire and PentagonLight due to their military contracts.

I am eager to start expanding my collection and researching and trying out other lights.

Jerb

Newly Enlightened
RUN!!!!
thats the obligatory warning, no one gets out alive. I started here not long ago with a simple fenix L1, thought the beam was awesome and the price was great ($30ish). never imagined paying more than that for a light, thought the people here on the board with $200 plus lights were nuts.

that said, I now have a surefire L1, a surefire TW4, a surefire E2L, A streamlight survival flashlight, fenix L1, my father has an Surefire L1 and a dereelight DBS, and im sure theres more im forgetting.

this place was my gateway drug, I dont wanna talk about EDCforums which got me my benchmade griptillians, various kershaws and CRKT's, spyderco sharpeners, Chrome bags, and Timbuk2 bags..... RUN

EDIT* theres something to be said about 4 replies within 20 minutes at 5am Eastern time

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
:welcome: Stop do not walk towards the light.
Whoops to late :devil:
Welcome Norm

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
should've never searched for a site like this
it great in that it opens a whole new world of illumination but also opens the door to bankruptcy haha

generic808

Enlightened
There really is no turning back at this point; your wallet will definitely get lighter from here on out. Anyways, welcome to the club.

DaveG

Enlightened
:welcome: Took me a few years to finally register also. Glad I did,good bunch of people,lots of good info.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: and hang on to your wallet!! I'm :broke:, but this is a great place with loads of information. I've tried to become a sponge soaking up as much info about everything I can about lights in the last 3 years.

cfromc

Enlightened
First you'll try a light "just to see what the fuss is about". Then you'll try another, and another. Soon you will be rationalizing your behavior 'I really need that light'. Then every light you buy will 'be the last time'. Soon, $30-50 lights will not be enough of a fix and you will break into the triple-digit territory. You may start hiding your expenditures (or just not talking about it openly). Family and friends will be concerned. You will start giving gateway flashlights to them as "gifts". You will be buying accessories for your addic..um habit...chargers, holsters, batteries, lanyards, paracord. Before you know it, you're knee-deep in it. You may start making your own stuff and selling it. Or you will start selling other things you used to love to support your habit (um...hobby I mean).

:welcome:

ugrey

Enlightened
Welcome to the board, and thanks for keeping me free all those years. May God bless the Marines.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
What cfromc said. Looking to purchase the new Li-ion X990 while waiting for the new Polarion units to be released. I need those HIDs and you will too :devil: ...