KL1 Brings Back The Doors for Encore Performance

Free

Enlightened
Night before last I went to the Doors concert here in Phoenix.

I took my KL1 and when it was time for an encore, and everyone was flicking their lighters, I was flashing it at the stage and the ceiling. We were sitting in the balcony and everyone was turning around to see where the light was coming from, and wondering why all they had were puny lighters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It worked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The band came back and played Riders on the Storm, one of my favorites.

Great concert! Great Flashlight!

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow...the Doors are still performing?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Free

Enlightened
Yeah, they just started touring again. Only two original band members, but the lead singer Ian Astbury was an amazing likeness of Jim Morrison. He sounded exactly like him and had all of the mannerisms as well. He may well have been channeling Jim's spirit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is a link to an article on the tour:
http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2002/07/0541.cfm

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
imagine if you had a sf m6 or tigerlight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Free

Enlightened
I don't think Security would have let me in with my M6. He was reluctant to let me in with the KL1, it looks a bit tactical.

Oh, one other thing, you know you are a flashaholic when..... I dropped my KL1 while climbing the stairs in the aisle and had to use my X5T to find it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
You should see the looks of astonishment when you shine an E2e with MN03 bulb around. Everyone thinks that you're part of the light show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm going to try bringing my 9P to the next concert I go to. Maybe I should get a HOLA for it.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
a little trick i learned to avoid scrutiny is to "palm" your light in your hand with your keys dangling out of the same hand while they "wand" you down. always work, great security huh?

i've used this method at concerts and the state fair where knives are forbidden but i always get in.