A lot of beamshots

fa__

Newly Enlightened
Lermite (a friend) , and I have spent a few hours in the depths of a cave for a large number of beamshots.
They are shown in a web page (by Lermite) that may seem complex at first glance, but which allows you to view several shots at the same time, choosing everything:
-- Place where the shot was taken
-- The image size (the number corresponds to the width in pixels)
-- Camera parameters
-- Flashlight
-- Reflector (smooth, textured, none = bare emitter, aspherical lens)
-- The kind of rechargeable batteries
-- Mode of the lamp (generally low medium high and turbo)

Buttons A, B, C and D correspond to the four views displayed simultaneously. A click on a button selects the view and allows you to change its parameters.
Uncheck the box in front of the cache button corresponding view.

The website was designed and coded by Lermite

http://lermite.nerim.net/beamshots/

120570283594271.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first it does look kind of daunting, but it only took me a few seconds to figure it out- it's quite intuitive. Very nice website and beamshots! :twothumbs

I especially like being able to select the different f-stops.

Last edited:

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
VERY NICE!!!:twothumbs
that is so convient!!!
wish you had more incans in there though
very very cool. Keep it up!:twothumbs
even though i didn't understand the language i was able to figure it out in 10secs.:thumbsup:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome set up fa___! Very well done! :)

You could take it to the next level and create accounts for people to load in their own beam shots. :)

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Hello Lermite,

Welcome to CPF. That is an excellent web page that you have constructed. I have never seen one that has so many different options. Thank you to fa__ and you for all of the excellent beam shots too. Outstanding work.

Regards,
Mark

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
You could take it to the next level and create accounts for people to load in their own beam shots. :)
Your idea is interesting but I don't think I'll do so, because these beamshots are made with a large bracketting range with full manual mode (white balance, ISO,...). Every camera do not have such features.
I could never be sure that uploaded pictures are well made, with manual parameters and else.
Perhaps my choice is uncool but the best mean to have only perfectly reliable beamshots is to make them myself. That's why I'll keep on improving and making this web page to grow only by myself or with reliable friends like fa.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your idea is interesting but I don't think I'll do so, because these beamshots are made with a large bracketting range with full manual mode (white balance, ISO,...). Every camera do not have such features.
I could never be sure that uploaded pictures are well made, with manual parameters and else.
Perhaps my choice is uncool but the best mean to have only perfectly reliable beamshots is to make them myself. That's why I'll keep on improving and making this web page to grow only by myself or with reliable friends like fa.

I agree. The only way to keep the beamshots consistent on a website like yours is to have only one person doing them. Submitted beamshots would run the gamut.

fa__

Newly Enlightened

By checking EXIF in the uploaded file you could remove pictures with incoimpatible parameters non ? On va continuer en francais chez toi plutot hein ;)

fa__

Newly Enlightened
I agree. The only way to keep the beamshots consistent on a website like yours is to have only one person doing them. Submitted beamshots would run the gamut.

An I don't want every CPFer to come in my cave :eek: :) ;)

JetskiMark

Enlightened
What is the distance from the light to the back of the cave? Also, how far is the lighter colored wall that is in the lower center of your pictures?

Again, good work.

Regards,
Mark

ginaz

Enlightened
that's very nice! i'd like to see some range markers like a card at 10m and then at 20 and so on. thanks for this great work!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just to clarify, I meant people would have seperate accounts, so their beam shots wouldn't be mixed in with yours, or others. Their beam shots would be isolated to their section.