Fun with cell phone

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Me and my g/f went to check out cell phones today.I'm kinda hard on them and usely get a new one at least once a year.so anyways i was checking out this casio model and it looked pretty sturdy so i was talking to the salesman about the feature's/extras you could get when he said oh and this is kinda cool look it has a little flashlight on it and he turns on the light.I start laughing and i hear my g/f say to the guy he will take it.The guy was looking funny at us and just said OK I'll get started on the paper work. No point to try and explain it to him.

DM51

Flashaholic
As soon as you've posted the obligatory and hitherto scandalously absent BEAMSHOTS, we want to hear about your proposals for modding this thing, lol.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Beam shots to follow.I will tell you this, It definitely is bright enough to walk around with!Had to sneak down stairs into the basement so my other half wouldn't see:laughing:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
My step-dad had a Nokia (I think) that had a small built-in flashlight a few years ago...I remember thinking at the time what a great idea that was. My Mom and brother laughed at it and said it was stupid.

Funny think is, I have given each of them a 1AA SSC-P4 flashlight from DX as birthday gifts and shortly after, they both told me how much they like them and requested another one for the other car, one to use at work, etc.

I need to bring up the cell phone/flashlight subject again and see if opinions have changed. ;)

TKO

Enlightened
Is it the Casio GZone? If it is, watch the led when you power down or up. Goes from lavendar to green to blue. There is mod potential!

I am on my second one; first one was a Type V and current is a Type S. The phone is bullet proof.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Casio is one of the toughest phones you can get. I hear they have better models in Japan (go figure).

My gf has a previous generation Sony walkman phone with two leds for the flash. The flashlight mode puts out a surprisingly bright flood.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yea it's a GZone and i love the feel/looks of it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as some others but should be real tough and did i mention it has a light in it:naughty:

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
There was someone on here who hooked up two rebels to his phone off the 3.7 lithium battery. Its on my list of things to do, and farily straight forward, just hook up the ight to the battery.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me and my g/f went to check out cell phones today.I'm kinda hard on them and usely get a new one at least once a year
If you don't need all the fancy multimedia features, get some green-screen fatty phone of the kind people used when SMS messages were cool. They tend to be much sturdier than today's slim models.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Last edited:

Empyfree

Enlightened
I bought a "Tracphone" prepay nokia while I was in the states last summer, that has a light built into the top which I used quite a bit! I had a collection of flashlights with me but none of them had a usable "low" setting, this was essential while navigating a summer camp bunk full of kids at night! I used the phone for my nocturnal visitations (to the bathroom...)

warlord

Enlightened
Haha, I had a Nokia 4 years ago that had a built in flashlight. If I'm not mistaken it actually had two 603 SMD white leds by the charging plug that turned on if you held a particular key. It wasn't really bright but it was better than nothing.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just knew that my step-dad's flashlight phone was a Nokia! You guys had me wondering for a bit if I was remembering wrong. :duh2:

N10

Newly Enlightened
funny..lol..and i think the nokia phone you guys are referring to is the nokia 1100

warlord

Enlightened
funny..lol..and i think the nokia phone you guys are referring to is the nokia 1100

Nope mine was the Nokia 3200. Printable faceplates and Led light.

flashlight.jpg
pic21.jpg

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm surprised no one in this community reverse-engineered flashlights and created a flashlight that has a cellphone feature, not the other way around :nana:

awaiting beamshots! :grin2: