partial stipple

rala

Newly Enlightened
i've been out of the mag mod loop for a while, til i recently started playing with my 2c rop. i was wondering if anyone ever made the partially stippled aluminum reflector? i think i would play with the rop more often if i can get this.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be a stunning. If it were a variable stipple, medium at the deepest part of the reflector transitioning to lighter and finally smooth at about 1/3 the way up, it would be even better. Smoothy advocates would probably like them also. It would clear up and redistribute the light that makes the artifacts (that I find to be useful) outside of the main spot. The main spot would retain its artifacts and its full intensity. Orange peel is different than stipple and might be a more optimal approach.

It's possible that we never saw this happen due to the cost of a custom stipple on a custom part. FiveMega has a "What's missing?" thread in the Incandescent forum. Ya never know until you ask. He knows his reflectors and it would be great if he would consider bead blasting the lower 1/3 of a run of reflectors before he sent them to be mirrored. Of course that would be some pretty expensive R&D that would need to be reflected in the price. Pun intended.