Lightwave 4000 Salvage Question

qdemn7

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm new here, first post.

I just broke my Lightwave 4000. I dropped it and the threads on the barrel broke off. Since Lightwave is essentially out of business, and this thing is out of warranty, is there any way to salvage it? The LEDs and switch still work.

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened
I think I'd try 'JB Weld' for Aluminim, and permanently glue it together.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure how the 4000 is made up. What about two screws from the inside of the body out just by the tailcap. You can make two 'L' groves in the tailcap itslef to hook onto the screws when you push and turn it.

BTW, WELCOME to our madness!!!

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Qdemn,

Welcome to CPF.

I looked around and was unable to find another flashlight with the same sized barrel. I thought my old Energizer 2D flashlight could be made to fit, but it is a different diameter. I can force it together, but I don't think it would hold

I think you are stuck having to just replace the light.

Tom

qdemn7

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words and help. Well I guess I hear some super glue and JB Weld calling my name.

optodoofus

Newly Enlightened
Does the Lightwave 4000 have a plastic body? (I'm at work and cannot check mine right now, but I seem to recall it is plastic). If so, you could try this stuff:

http://plastex.home.att.net/

It is a little difficult to use, but does an excellent job welding plastic back together.

ooptodoofus

qdemn7

Newly Enlightened
Does the Lightwave 4000 have a plastic body? (I'm at work and cannot check mine right now, but I seem to recall it is plastic). If so, you could try this stuff:

http://plastex.home.att.net/

It is a little difficult to use, but does an excellent job welding plastic back together.

ooptodoofus
Hey, great, thanks for the link. Looks like good stuff. And yes, the 4000 has a plastic body.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Threads where, on the tailcap or head or somewhere else? If you glue/epoxy it down, would you still be able to change batteries?