HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day all CPFers!!! :) :D :twothumbs :D :)
Be certain to have something green on today so that you don't get pinched. ;)

rainring.jpg

In addition to this rainbow ring, I have on a rainbow bracelet and a green shirt. :thumbsup:
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to pack a green laser with you either, if it is safe for you to do so that is - they aren't yet super inexpensive like those directly-injected red diode laser pointers that you can often find for $1.00 at dollar stores or on Ebay.

:party: Erin Go Bragh :party:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Erin Go Bragh!!
However the phrase became Anglicized, it was already in use as "Erin Go Bragh" by 1847. In that year, a group of Irishmen serving in the United States Army during the U.S.–Mexican War deserted and joined the Mexican side. These soldiers, known as Los San Patricios, or Saint Patrick's Battalion, flew as their standard a green flag with a harp on it, with the motto "Erin Go Bragh" underneath[4]. Variations on this flag design have been used at different times to express Irish nationalism.
By 1862 there was an emigrant ship operated by the Black Ball Line called the Erin go Bragh[5], which had the dubious honour of making the longest trip from Britain to Moreton Bay, Australia. She suffered many dead on the voyage, according to an unpublished contemporary account and, ironically, arrived in the same week that Black Ball's Young Australia completed the fastest crossing.
In the late 19th century, the Edinburgh Football club, Hibernian F.C. also had 'Erin Go Bragh' adorning their shirts. Founded in 1875 by Edinburgh Irishmen and the local Catholic Church, St Patricks, the club's shirts included a gold harp set on a green background.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Technically, St. Patrick's day was on the 15th this year. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with celebrating it twice, though. :party: Wow, his hat is even green. I never noticed that. It's corned beef and cabbage tonight!

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone. I worked our local parade today so I saw an awful lot of green! And a few drunks too. :drunk:

If you're partying tonight, let someone else do the driving. I wanna see y'all back here tomorrow in one piece!

jugg2

Enlightened
Since I live in Dublin Georgia, St. Patricks day is huge around here :party:. I usually try to stay out of town to avoid the huge masses of people lol.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could only find one of my friends who wanted to go to the local pub (it being finals week, or close to it, depending on your school). I had a tequila, which I realize isn't very Irish, but it's one of the few alcohols I thought I liked. I first tried tequila during a cruise to Mexico, and I remember it being much better than what I've had in the U.S. since then. :sick2:

I'd like a holiday where it's customary to drink fruit smoothies. Yum.

ixfd64

Newly Enlightened
St. Patrick's Day is a great day to play with green lasers! Did anyone light up the skies with 532 nm glory?

Come to think of it, I really want a laser projector now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.