Stupid question

toadman

Newly Enlightened
O.K. I just got my Fenix T1. It says to switch to turbo or general mode depnding on situation. But it doesn't say how. How do you switch modes?
There's only the orange clicky tail switch. Pressing soft, hard, momentary,
double clicks all seem to produce the same beam. I don't even know what mode it's currently in.

toadman

Newly Enlightened
you have to twist the bezel to switch modes. have fun with your new light!
Twist the bezel? Thing don't move. Near as I can tell it has 5 body parts. The tailcap, tube, neck part(where clip is attatched) bezel head, & lens cap.
When I try to twist the only part that separates is the tube from the neck
I can't seem to twist the neck from the bezel head. Maybe it's just real tight & I'll have to wait till I get home & attack it with some heavyduty tools instead of my feeble hand strength.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
hand strength should be more than enough to twist the bezel (be a bit useless otherwise! "hold on, I'll just change to low mode, let me get my vice..."). Try holding parts of the head and twisting all the various bits on it.

I'm assuming you're twisting with it on so that you can easily see the change in brightness?

toadman

Newly Enlightened
hand strength should be more than enough to twist the bezel (be a bit useless otherwise! "hold on, I'll just change to low mode, let me get my vice..."). Try holding parts of the head and twisting all the various bits on it.

I'm assuming you're twisting with it on so that you can easily see the change in brightness?

O.K. thanks that helped. It was the part between the tube & neck that changes modes. I was trying to do the part between the neck & head.
Appreciate it.

tobushomme

Newly Enlightened
:poke:there are few stupid questions - this is not one of them.

some of the T1s I sold were quite hard to switch. but to make sure u turn the right part: the clip has to scratch the tube - then u r doin it right.

tobus