I ordered a few single AA size flashlights..Will my new MTE rebel be as bright as a t

stockstinks

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a 3 different flashlights all of them are single AA size flashlights..Will my new MTE 100 lumen rebel, c-o2 Cree p4, or my Saik rc-a3 cree AA be as bright as a typical junky ray-o-vac double D size incandescent?

I know it will be quite the wait to get them, so I thought I would ask the people that would know.

I told the people that I work with that they will be surprised at how bright these will be compared to even a junky 6 volt lantren.... Did I go too far??

Can anyone show me a beam shot comparison?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, you didn't go too far. Even the worst KD flashlight won't have much trouble beating a 3 cell mag in pure brightness, and the brighter lights will cause your work colleagues to crap themselves, especially taking the size of the 6V work lanterns into account.

However, non-flashaholics tend to judge brightness by throw, so you may have a hard time convincing them it's actually brighter.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Romisen RC-A3, which is the same as the SAIK RC-A3. It is brighter, with at least as much throw, and much whiter, than the couple of old 2 D cell incan flashlights I had around. I also think it is brighter than my 3 C-cell Maglite with the incan/krypton bulb, though without the Maglite's throw, but I'd switched that out for a TerraLux LED drop in, so haven't done a direct comparison.

If you happen to have C- or D- cell Maglite, grab one of the TerraLux drop-ins and you'll be very happy with how much brighter it is. You'll also get more runtime with the LED instead of the incan.