Made my weekly sweep through Target's batts and lights

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten in the habit of checking out the flashaholic supplies at my local Target when I make a grocery run. A few observations from today:

I looked for Rayovac Hybrids. They had 4-packs of AAA, but no AA. Other flashaholics must have cleaned those out already! Price was about 10 bucks.

The flashlight section is pretty lousy in terms of organization. It's kind of surprising considering that the rest of the store is pretty well kept. A lot of the lights aren't where they're supposed to be, and a bunch of the stuff didn't have price labels.

There was some stuff marked down with the separate bargain price stickers; annoyingly, there was a River Rock 1AA light that had no price whatsoever. I was hoping it'd be marked down to like 10 bucks or something. Anyway, I held off because I really don't need another light until the Cree stuff starts being available off the shelf.

The bad luck that ticked me off though was when I saw that the led upgrades for Mag D cell lights were marked down to 14 bucks! Just a couple of weeks ago I bought one for 20!! Arrrrrghh!! I hate it when that happens! My dad has a 3D also; maybe I'll just buy an upgrade for him so that the sale won't be total waste! (Is this logic just a bit insane?? :shrug: )

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
i was just at target the other day and i saw an energizer headlamp that used a rebel led as the main spot rated at one watt. rated to run for 11 hours which isn't too bad. i doubt they're using the latest bin though.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I'll have to look for that one (though I'm not really a headlamp user).

The only advanced LEDs I've seen are a Dorcy with a K2 and a River Rock lantern with a Jupiter, which I think is also a K2 (?)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday, I saw 3 Inova Bolt flashlights at the local Target store which haven't been there for at least the past year. There was one 2xAAA, one 2xAA, and one 2xCR123A, but their prices weren't attractive.

swampgator

Enlightened
The bad luck that ticked me off though was when I saw that the led upgrades for Mag D cell lights were marked down to 14 bucks! Just a couple of weeks ago I bought one for 20!! Arrrrrghh!! I hate it when that happens!

Call their Customer (NO) Service. Some businesses will refund the difference if it's within a certain time frame, usually 30 days.

GPB

Enlightened
My local Target had 4D Maglites for 11 bucks. I couldn't resist. It'll replace the old 2 D noname light that sits in the kitchen.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I've gotten in the habit of checking out the flashaholic supplies at my local Target when I make a grocery run. A few observations from today:

I looked for Rayovac Hybrids. They had 4-packs of AAA, but no AA. Other flashaholics must have cleaned those out already! Price was about 10 bucks.

Circuit City has 8 Eneelop for $14 any day of the week.