UPDATE NEED INFO...........oh boy, this could be a disastrous paypal issue

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh boy, this could be a disastrous paypal issue

update go to posts 23 24 25

wow the more i read the more i worry...i recently sold an item on ebay and all went good , the guy paid and i shipped ,even gave him the tracking number the day i shipped....almost 2 months later he contacts me saying he never got the product and opened a paypal dispute ....i checked the tracking number and yes it did say "acceptance" im pretty sure it was delivered but usps like clockwork never updates their tracking system.....i mean cmon if i bought something for $500 and it didnt show up after a week knowing it was shipped priority i would inform the seller but 2 months thats shady, i bet he just saw his shot at a scam when he saw the tracking# still said acceptance at P.O arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh looks like im heading for whats known as the CHARGEBACK scheme , but fortunatley for me i have no available funds in my account so it just shows neg whatever and paypal better not charge my credit card

so who has any useful info or good bad outcomes from this

i filed a usps claim but i have no faith that they will find it, i have provided paypal proof of delivery with tracking number but i read horror stories that it may not be enough

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: oh boy, this could be a disastrous paypal issue

As long as you don't have any fund in your paypal account they won't do anything to your CC, or bank.

ptirmal

Enlightened

As long as you don't have any fund in your paypal account they won't do anything to your CC, or bank.

Yea then they'll call a collection agency and it'll go on your credit report...

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

credit report , rarley use my credit card , im a cash guy or i spend money that i have type a guy..ive seen my parents go through credit debt hassles so i dont wanna go through what they have in turn i only buy what i can afford....so im not too worried although i see it as a issue when buying a house but i figure if i just actually use the credit card and pay it immediatly it should help my credit a bit to balance that one negative ?

for instance i could essentially pay for gas via my credit card and later pay the credit card with my debit checking and it would look like im a good payer , even could charge a used car for thousands and pay it off quickly too, that should help my credit score right

Last edited:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

credit report , rarley use my credit card , im a cash guy or i spend money that i have type a guy..ive seen my parents go through credit debt hassles so i dont wanna go through what they have in turn i only buy what i can afford....so im not too worried although i see it as a issue when buying a house but i figure if i just actually use the credit card and pay it immediatly it should help my credit a bit to balance that one negative ?

Bad credit scores hurt you in many ways. Getting a cell phone, renting an apartment, getting a loan for anything, renting a car, buying a car, and even some employers will run credit checks. Just something to think about.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bad credit scores hurt you in many ways. Getting a cell phone, renting an apartment, getting a loan for anything, renting a car, buying a car, and even some employers will run credit checks. Just something to think about.

what about the second part i edited in...if i have this 1 bad negative on my report and say 2 years from now when i need good credit for a loan , the car i bought via credit card and payed off immediatly and all the little credit card purchases ive made and paid off quickly since this paypal incident , wouldnt that bump my credit up a lot

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

2 years ago i was looking into buying a new car and the salesman checked my credit , i was amazed when he said i had good credit in the 700's considering i have only made 1 purchase for $4 on the card and that was for mlb tv to watch the yanks /sox game on my computer at work :grin2: ....so far today i think i have only ever used my credit card maybe twice ....im efficient except till i came here of course......but anyway im thinking i have 2 good purchases on my card and this paypal future problem ,now i figure i could just start using my credit card and use it all the time for everything i buy as i can pay it off immediatley , should help right

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

2 years ago i was looking into buying a new car and the salesman checked my credit , i was amazed when he said i had good credit in the 700's considering i have only made 1 purchase for $4 on the card and that was for mlb tv to watch the yanks /sox game on my computer at work :grin2: ....so far today i think i have only ever used my credit card maybe twice ....im efficient except till i came here of course......but anyway im thinking i have 2 good purchases on my card and this paypal future problem ,now i figure i could just start using my credit card and use it all the time for everything i buy as i can pay it off immediatley , should help right

Doing things like paying off your balance every month and not missing any bills will help build your credit. But it's really easy for your score to nose-dive if you have bad things on your score report...such as a collection agency going after you for non-payment.

And just like everything else in life...it's hard to build something good, but really easy to tear it all down.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they try to ruin your credit dispute them. If I recall the burden of proof lies with paypal and the rule is if they cannot clearly prove it's your fault the bad credit must be removed. You have the proof the item is sent, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone actually know any instances paypal sent collection agency?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

i have read about people getting nonstop calls from collecting agents ..for example this thread and there are so many just like this over the net ,its like a new western union scam only this time its no nigerian its an average joe like you and me and using paypal to screw us, ive seen threads dating back to 2005 but ive never known about this chargeback problem till now

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

....i checked the tracking number and yes it did say "acceptance" im pretty sure it was delivered but usps like clockwork never updates their tracking system.....

qip, was this sent inside the USA? I have run into problems with International Priority Mail not being trackable beyond acceptance by USPS, unless you get Express or Insurance. It seems you have a reasonable case with the "acceptance" category noted though.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

it was domestic ...aww man im looking at this guy on youtube sux , he too midway through says agencies call nonstop...i have a plan for it though and its right here :D

ptirmal

Enlightened

If they try to ruin your credit dispute them. If I recall the burden of proof lies with paypal and the rule is if they cannot clearly prove it's your fault the bad credit must be removed. You have the proof the item is sent, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone actually know any instances paypal sent collection agency?

I had this happen. I had no money in my bank account so paypal put a negative balance in there for 150 or so. I didn't place any funds in there for a while and I got a letter from a collection agency maybe 3 weeks from when paypal placed the negative balance.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had this happen. I had no money in my bank account so paypal put a negative balance in there for 150 or so. I didn't place any funds in there for a while and I got a letter from a collection agency maybe 3 weeks from when paypal placed the negative balance.

alrighty i need details...how did you respond, did you go to the credit card company and tell them what happened and say your not gonna pay for it and they took care of it...im hoping it will be that easy for me , in my case the credit card i used for paypal is the same as my bank card

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast

May not help you right now, but in the future if you mail something Priority mail and the value is more than $201 dollars and you insure it a signature is required to get the package.

jinx626

Enlightened

wait!... i thought if you don't have any funds in your paypal account, they will take it out from your "backup" fund which is most likely be your bank account or credit card... Or they only take it out from your "backup" fund only on purchases you made???"

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

wait!... i thought if you don't have any funds in your paypal account, they will take it out from your "backup" fund which is most likely be your bank account or credit card... Or they only take it out from your "backup" fund only on purchases you made???"

thats if your buying something because your authorizing the payment, like if i bought a light for 100 and only had 50 available balance they would take the 50 from balance and take 50 through your bank or credit card because you authorized it

jinx626

Enlightened

thats if your buying something because your authorizing the payment, like if i bought a light for 100 and only had 50 available balance they would take the 50 from balance and take 50 through your bank or credit card because you authorized it

ic ic.. thank q

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

One more reason why I will never use paypal.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

The buyer has 45 days to file a dispute if an item was never received. Sounds like it was over 45 days, the guy is out of luck in filing a PP dispute.