SureFire E1B lockout tailcap issues???

jog31

Newly Enlightened
I got a e1b a few days ago and the lockout tailcap seemed to be working as it should. Then today I started playing with it and i noticed that if I click the light on then start unscrewing, I have to back it off almost the whole way before the light will turn off.

I am wondering is this normal?

I have a few other surefire lights and they do not have this issue.

thanks for any input on this matter.

jog31

Newly Enlightened
weird. I click it on and can unscrew it about 1 and a half times around before it turns off.

I just tried it again and I turned it about 1/4 and it turned off then back on...

Clicked it on low and started unscrewing and it switched to high by itself.

Tried it again and it just seems to be doing whatever it wants...

Could it be a faulty lockout cap?

Last edited:

jog31

Newly Enlightened
I have messed with this tailcap for the last few days and i cant seem to get it.

I can tell you that the spring inside is not straight. its like angled.

Is that normal ?

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire E1B lockout tailcap issues???

I have noticed that if I use the E1B's tail switch on another body like a leaf single cell body I only have to twist the switch 1/4 - 1/2 turn before the lockout occurs. I believe that this has to do with the amount of anodizing both on the inside and outside of the threads. Needless to say the lockout feature seems to work BETTER on my other NON surefire single cell bodies.
As I said before it takes about 400 degrees of twist in order to engage the lockout. A bit much for my taste.
That said I have not been finding myself using this feature. The way I have been using the light I just don't need to lock out the tail switch.
What ever.
Yaesumofo

dougie

Enlightened
jog31,

Mine does the same. It's not an issue and seems to be due to the way the coils of the spring rest on the metal switch plunger.

It doesn't affect the operation and is nothing to worry about.

Doug:)

jog31

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys. Yeah the light works fine, I just wish the lockout cap worked the way its suppose to.