opinion of Wolf-Eyes Storm?

lemonvr6

Newly Enlightened
The search feature is primitive at best, I couldn't find any detailed owner info about this light. I'm going to be on vacation in Europe for three months and want a reasonably compact light that must be LED, rechargeable and over 500 lumens.

Is the Storm a good, reliable light?

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a great light! I've had mine six months and have used it extensively with no problems. It seems to last forever on a charge. Low is very usable and high is a LOT of light. Mike at PTS carries them.

batvette

Newly Enlightened
Seems kinda pricey, isn't it made in China as is the MXpower 3 cree and the Romisen 4 cree? DX sells those for under $50 and he's now carrying the storm for a whopping $265.... expected to be better bin emitters and HAIII (and comes with batteries) but still that's a helluva step up.
I'm not bad mouthing any product (and don't make a practice of doing so unless I personally buy it and feel cheated) but is it possibly that much better product as the 3 cree MX for 6x the price?

For another contender DX just added this to the mix:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11623

da conquerer! of what we can only wonder.... 3 cree, that's the one fer me.

cchurchi

Enlightened
I love mine. Really happy with the 3 X 18650 cartdridge setup. I've used it extensively for caving and snowshoeing. Get yours from WWW.pacifictacticalsolutions.com In the unlikely event something goes wrong with the light, Mike will make it right.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Seems kinda pricey...

I think most of the cost goes to research and development. Then the cheaper companies copy. There's also the warranty and customer service. Not to mention the (supposed) higher quality components.

But I would buy a DX light instead of a Wolfeye if the DX light would meet all my expectations.

I don't own one but from what I've read, it's a good light with lots of output and going bu Wolfeye's record, should also be pretty durable.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: for the Wolf Eyes Storm.

It is a bit thicker around than a M@g D, and like most WE lights feels slightly overbuilt. Reverse clickie switch:mecry: but on the plus side you can now choose if you want a 1, 2 or 3 mode light as well as a fourth option for a strobe. Myself I'd go for the 2 mode.
Sometimes you get what you pay for. I'd take this over a DX light for a long term away from home light.