Kaidomain or DealExtreme?

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
You'd feel more comfortable ordering through DX than KD. You'll never get any sort of confirmation or order status updates with KD. DX will at least offer the ability for you to monitor your order status, although sometimes inaccurate and frustrating to get in contact with their customer love representatives.
Overall, the DX website and their shipping times are pretty good,while Jerry from Kaidomain will personally answer most of your questions on CPFMP as he is on there quite frequently.

Final consensus.......DealExtreme is a notch above Kaidomain in my experience. Hope this helps

Evan III

Newly Enlightened
Dealextreme by a long shot! While still slow, I think they are a little quicker and the comuncation is much much better. I recently ordered 2 lights from each place as kind of a test.........DX won! They kept me updated as to what was happining with my order, even though they were slow that was nice. KD sucked! after about a month of absolute silence from them I sent them an E-mail and got a very generic and basiclly BS reply from them. The lights did show up however and both work well, at least they have that going for them.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
for what its worth, CPFers could contact Kaidomain (jerry) over at BST as a last resort, he has been helpful to me even with non KD Buckle light enquires..

Crenshaw

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I only have experience with DX.

My recent cells, drop in, charger order went smoothly from DX. Even when the drop-in was out of stock they updated their www site to indicate my order shipping status. Took about 2-3 weeks for each item to get to my home in California.

It was slow, but not really when you consider it came from the other side of the world and through customs. Their www site was pretty accurate, with updates showing up about ~15-20 hours after the actual event.

No complaints with DX, so long as you are patient.

Joshatdot

Enlightened
I only have had DX experience: 11 torches, 9 DIY parts. The torches, on average, took 2-3 weeks on standard shipping. DIY parts took 3-4 weeks, backordered & split shipping.

But my last order I got 3 SAIK RC-A3s & 3 CREE Q5 16mm boards. This took about 1 week with EMS Express :)

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been having a HARD time with DX these days (months). They have an item (in particular the circuit boards,) listed as in stock, when you purchase, they take a week to ship, and after waiting a month to receive the package, you receive a stupid note in the package saying that SKUs #### were out of stock and will be shipped in another package.

One order was going to be split up into three different shipments. That would have made it about 2 1/2 months waiting...

When given the choice of KD/DX, I went with DX because of better prices and the fact that they type english there. I did order from KD previously and there's a third reason which I can't remember at the moment :thinking:

generic808

Enlightened
Both are VERY, VERY far from fast, but DX seems to be a bit quicker, and not to mention, a little cheaper. I've ordered from them at least on 10 seperate ocassions, with shipping times ranging from 3 weeks to 1.5 months. Never had any issues with them as far as non-delivery or missing items *knock on wood*

Frobe22

Newly Enlightened
DX is larger and have more items, but may forget to ship misssing items from orders. I have to verify my orders and tick off each item arriving.

KD have more control and they refund payment automatically if they are not able to deliver, I don't have to verify my orders.

DX have improved, and I am still using them.

sino

Newly Enlightened
I think shipping times depend a lot on where you live. All of my orders from DX are typically delivered in about a week. My last order was shipped on Wed. March 12 and delivered Mon. March 17. This was the regular free shipping, mind you, not the EMS or whatever it's called. I think that's outstanding, considering free shipping from Asia. (I live in Colorado.)

Another big thumbs up from me for DX. They aren't perfect, but no company is.

DM51

Flashaholic
Who are you agreeing with? Not me - I wasn't saying DX were better! "Better" is not a word I would use with either of these dealers.