So I've narrowed down my thrower choices to dealextreme wf-600 or the super thrower.

gyani

Newly Enlightened
With the wf-600(Q2) it has a more efficient and brighter emmiter, and it costs less, but I will have to buy 18650 batteries and a charger. The total cost will be like $44. The super thrower seems nice, but it has a p4 emmiter and is like $7 more, but it can run cr123a's, so I would not have to buy new batteries and a charger. But one advantage of buying 18650's regardless of both lights would be better runtime. So between these two lights which out throws the other, and how much more runtime will the 2x18650( vs. 1x18650) capacity of the super thrower give?

MstrHnky

Enlightened
if you want to spend a little more, you can get an aurora wf-600 q5 that runs on 18650's or get the model that runs on both 18650's AND cr123's.

the 18650 only model is brighter, from what i've read.

i was very interested, and tried purchasing this light twice before, both times it went to "back ordered". i've since decided to bite the bullet and get a dbs 3sd.

from what i've read, the wf-600 is a good budget thrower.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Super thrower is also larger, if you are looking at that, The 3W Cree Projection would also work. There is also the WF-800, which is pretty much a Q2 version of the Super thrower.

If you want to, the mod for the light isn't too hard. All you need is decent soldering skills, a Q5 LED, and a way to remove and install the pill(LED + Driver + part of the heatsink, Light engine).

gyani

Newly Enlightened
I think I'm leaning towards the wf-600 with the Q2 since it costs less and is brighter, but if I get the super thrower I already have batteries. So I guess now it's just which light performs better. Any advice between these two lights?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The WF-600 would be a bit brighter, but not significant. Probably not even visible.

You can also mod both lights.