CL1H changing modes

JasonH

Enlightened
Ok so i got the CL1H v3.0 3sd dereelight in the mail today, great light!
But one thing i cant figure out is how to change the modes... It says to hold the switch in lightly for one second, which i do but the output does not change, if i spend like 10-15 seconds turning the light on and off real quick it changes modes but thats not exactly what i want :thinking:

So exactly how do you change the modes on it?

Sorry for probably the stupidest question ever :confused:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the light off. Half press the button, light will turn on(in momentary) let go of the button, half press again(within 1 sec) light changes level, let go half press again, light changes level ... When you get to the level you like full press to keep the light on. This level will then be saved in its memory.

Last edited:

JasonH

Enlightened
Ok, i got it. I have to click it on and click off within a second to change, momentary mode wont change modes.

Last edited:

LBD

Newly Enlightened
Ok so i got the CL1H v3.0 3sd dereelight in the mail today, great light!

But one thing i cant figure out is how to change the modes... It says to hold the switch in lightly for one second, which i do but the output does not change, if i spend like 10-15 seconds turning the light on and off real quick it changes modes but thats not exactly what i want :thinking:​

So exactly how do you change the modes on it?​

Sorry for probably the stupidest question ever :confused:

Actually just half pressing the switch with the light off until you reach
the level you want is all you need to do to change and save the setting.
You don't have to click it on to be saved.

Also make sure that when you click to turn the light off to wait at least
a second before turning it on again or else it will change modes.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, i got it. I have to click it on and click off within a second to change, momentary mode wont change modes.
Once the light is clicked fully on half pressing will not change the levels. When my light is off, half press(not click) turns it on in momentary(you can hold the half press for momentary) let go of the button and quickly(less than 1 second) half press again and it should change levels. Repeat to change again, then you click to keep the light on. This is how it should work. Edit: The max input voltage of the 3SD is 4.2v, use one 18650 or one 17670 only.

Last edited:

JasonH

Enlightened
Ya I'm using a fullcharged 18650 AW protected cell, and it acually isnt changing modes correctly, any ideas before i give a call/email to dereelight?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it stuck on high? Did you screw the pill into the reflector really tight by chance? You might try loosening the pill a bit to make sure it isn't shorting out against the reflector.

JasonH

Enlightened
Is it stuck on high? Did you screw the pill into the reflector really tight by chance? You might try loosening the pill a bit to make sure it isn't shorting out against the reflector.

It changes modes but it takes alot of momentary on and offs, couple seconds of it, the pill is not that tight at all, i just tightened it till it stopped. No force at all.

Yapo

Enlightened
I got a dereelight 3SD 2 days ago and its memory and mode changing works alot better and simpler than 1 i got from supertactical.com. it changes mode if i switch it off for less than 1 sec and stays on the same mode if i leave it off for more than 1 sec...whereas with the supertactical 1 i had to leave it for a few secs before turnin off or it would start on the next mode the next time i turn it on and the strobe + sos would get in the way.

but ive noticed that my dereelight sometimes doesnt turn on properly on low for me. I usually keep the memory on low mode but sometimes when i turn it off for a few secs and turn it back on i hear the PWM buzzing but no light come on...and when i turn the light off and on again it goes to high...has anyone ever had that happen to them?

JasonH

Enlightened
Could the problem be in the clicky switch or is it in the pill, if its in the clicky switch can someone tell me how to swap it out with the spare it came with?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if you start with the light off, and press against the switch for momentary on (but don't click), and then release the switch completely and press again quickly (less than a second, or even half a second), it won't change modes? You should be able to cycle through modes by quickly turning the light off and on, like if you were strobbing it, by just tapping on the button, but not clicking it. Once you get the mode you want you can continue to hold the button in, or click it so it stays on. Then when you turn it off, leave it off for at least a second and the next time you turn it on it should return the the last mode used.

JasonH

Enlightened
So if you start with the light off, and press against the switch for momentary on (but don't click), and then release the switch completely and press again quickly (less than a second, or even half a second), it won't change modes? You should be able to cycle through modes by quickly turning the light off and on, like if you were strobbing it, by just tapping on the button, but not clicking it. Once you get the mode you want you can continue to hold the button in, or click it so it stays on. Then when you turn it off, leave it off for at least a second and the next time you turn it on it should return the the last mode used.

Thats correct, i could even strobe it by quickly using the momentary on, and it would only change modes every like 20-30 1/2 presses.
It doesnt change every momentary tap.

JasonH

Enlightened
It seems that IT WILL change modes correctly until the pill heats up, which is in about 10-15 seconds, then it starts to malfunction.​

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you have a malfunctioning pill. PM Alan at Dereelight and explain whats happening.

Last edited:

layzieyez

Newly Enlightened
Out of curiousity, you wouldn't happen to be using 2 X RCR123A or 2 X CR123A with your digital pill? You are using a 18650 cell, right?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a dud. The only other thing you could try, if you haven't tried it already, is to unscrew the pill a little from the reflector, so screw in until snug, then back it off a full turn, and put the light back together.

Also make sure the body tube isn't screwed all the way in when you put the head back on, if you over tighten the head and body tube you could damage the pill. The body tube should be backed out some so the bezel and pill can all screw down completely. Then you can snug up the body tube, but not too much.