focusable led mods?

jbieszke

Newly Enlightened
How do you mod a light to become focusable? I know that this question has been asked before but I didnt get the information that is useful to me. I have a KL4 which I modded to a SSC P4 and a GD 1000 driver, but I want more!!! now how do I make it focusable?

Thank you

kramer5150

Flashaholic
An aspheric lens mounted in a screw on twisty-bezel (to adjust it near or far from the emitter) will work. Close to the emitter for flood, unscrew it farther away from the emitter for throw. If you design it right you should be able to adjust it so it throws out a tight beam in the shape of the emitter surface.

Last edited:

jbieszke

Newly Enlightened
what I was looking for is the ability to go from wall of light (no artifacts) to tight throw, furthermost within the KL4 whats my options?

thank you

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
to have the beam focusable, the focusing device (optic, reflector, aspheric) must be movable from/to the led
(impossible with the KL4, imho)

unfortunately else with any means, each is more-or-less optimized for one of the both options and You loose much light when defocused to meet the other one.

PS: if a switchable light were something good, there were more lights, that incorporate the feature
;)

Last edited: