Inova X5T run over by car

Kaneda

Newly Enlightened
I gave an Inova X5T as a birthday present to a friend of mine. He loves it and never leaves home without it. I told him that this light was virtually indestructable. Then he put the Inova X5T on the ground, took his car (a Volvo) and slowly ran over it. The light does not even have a scratch.
What a tought little light !!!

Kaneda

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Yep, they are tough and good looking little lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DrAg0n

Banned
Let me know what happ...best if a pic or video could be provided... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
road__kill said:
Hmmm...maybe I should try that test with my wife instead of my X5.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should try your Mother in law first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
Excellent Idea, and just to keep it all within the CPF frame of mind I will blind them with my 9AN415-HA first!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey road__kill

have you given any thought to subjecting Shark's recommendation to the x5t's waterproofing test? not sure the survival rate will be as good as the x5t

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm....I would hate to see a copy of this post turn up at my trial or divorce hearing.

Shark

Enlightened
The names have been changed to protect the innocent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
road__kill, put the 9AN415-HA in a coin locker at Central Station by noon today and you have my word I won't testify at the hearings.

your friend,
anonymous

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Just to throw in the opposing view...I have now broken 3 of these lights. The first I dropped and you can read about that here. Sorry, I no longer have the pics. After that one was replaced I EDC one in the hammer pocket of my work pants. One after the other the switch seems to go flaky after 2 months. Road_kill can probably verify how many I have bought. I no longer carry them that way. Shock seems to affect them. I still like these lights I just don't think they are as tough as I once thought they were.

Best regards,
Randy

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
Hey Randy, I know you had a few of these. Sorry to hear they failed. I have had a few fail also but so far Inova has replaced every one pretty fast, usually in less then a week. Did you mention it to them?

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Fluke once ran an ad claiming the toughness of thier meters. They took the meter, buried it in the sand and drove a tank over it! The meter was apparantely still operating after its ordeal!
Can we challenge the world's torch makers... who makes the toughest torch?

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
I dropped my X5T on a hard wooden floor without a scratch.

Not like running it over with a tank, but still... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Besides, I noticed they did it on pretty soft ground (packed sand). Had it been run over on asphalt the outcome would probably have been different. It doesn't change the fact that it seems like an extremely tough light though.

But it's a lot heavier than the X5T, isn't it?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Doug P (Quickbeam) has a review of both lights on his site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The LIGHTsite

I think it must be heavier, due to the obvious difference in wall thickness, but I don't know how much... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darkgear now I'm more glad than ever that I bought 4 of the original X5s without the switch. I wonder what Inova will add to their next model to make them even bigger and less reliable. Maybe an incandescent bulb? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif