Why do US stores hate Canada so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoltri

Newly Enlightened
I order a lot of stuff online, probably more than I should. More often than not on eBay and on online web stores I've noticed that companies and sellers in the US refuse to ship to Canada and other countries.

Now why is this, exactly? I have sold items on eBay to people in other countries, and at least with Canada post, it is no big deal to ship internationally. I frequently buy stuff from sellers in Hong Kong which is across the ocean and the shipping is dirt cheap and fast. Canada is not exactly some shady third world country with a high risk of fraud.

So what's the hang up with US sellers? Are they lost in their own twisted world of self importance? Lazy? Will the government lock you up at Abu Ghraib on suspicion of terrorism because you are shipping packages all over the world? If I'm paying the shipping charges, why not ship to me? What's the hang up, exactly?

jtr1962

Flashaholic
A lot of it might have to do with having to go to the post office instead of just being able to drop the package into a mailbox. This is especially true if your local post office is like mine (1 hour wait on a good day, 3 hours on an average day, 8 hours during the holidays). They always have only one clerk regardless of how long the line is, even when it's stretching for 3 or 4 blocks outside the door, and he's as slow as sh*t! :mad:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind selling internationally as long as the buyer pays the extra $15 for me to ship USPS Priority International. I print out all my shipping labels online at USPS.com, so I just print and drop it off...you can even do Customs Forms online...so waiting in line! :)

Wicho

Enlightened
Quite simply because sometimes we don't feel like dealing with A-holes like you.

You might want to edit your post, because you've really pissed me off, and others I'm sure. Now, why don't you go back to your original post, edit it, and ask nicely?
So what's the hang up with US sellers? Are they lost in their own twisted world of self importance? Lazy? Will the government lock you up at Abu Ghraib on suspicion of terrorism because you are shipping packages all over the world? If I'm paying the shipping charges, why not ship to me? What's the hang up, exactly?

shakeylegs

Enlightened
When the dollar was less advantageous, my Canadian customers were extremely price sensitive, often pushing for "deals", and almost always asking me to find a way around their customs. It's the hassle factor in my experience.

Empath

Flashaholic
This has been addressed many times, and ends up the same way. The opposing views redundantly maintain their stand, but nothing different arises. The eventual decision is that the ones inconvenienced don't appreciate the exclusion, and those noting the inconveniences involved in international shipping don't intend to change. It becomes nothing much more than repeating the same thing over and over.

The last thread got closed with the reason basically being :dedhorse:

Please feel free to read the last rant on the topic in this thread entitled RANT! Shipping to Continental USA residents only.

I doubt that claiming it as a matter of "hate" against Canadians is going to do anything toward a practical resolution. We'll close this one instead of running in circles again.

Status
Not open for further replies.