Is there a 3 x 18650 body for 6P?

TDKKP

Enlightened
I've seen 2 x 18650 but not sure about 3 x 18650, so if anyone knows please provide a link. TIA!

Yapo

Enlightened
just wondering...what lamp are you running that needs 3 x 18650? ive seen some 1 x cr123 extentions around...maybe you can get 4 of them and connect em to your 6p body or use 6 of them together but i'm not sure if they can fit 18650 in them tho...

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
right, there are "only" 1 and 2 pc. 18650 bodies from leef

(under "custom flashlights and Parts" / "LeefGear")

tussery

Enlightened
There is a reason for that. There is no bulb that can be run off of 3 18650 in serial. And it is very hard to wire the batteries in parallel in a Leef body anyways.

Kraid

Enlightened
Lumens Factory made a run of D26 size E0-13s. They'd work for what you want. C series with 3x 18650s. Finding one is the hard part.

jugg2

Enlightened
You could buy a 2X18650 Leef body, and put two cell extenders on it, but the cell extenders will probably only fit a 17670...

TDKKP

Enlightened
There's only one reason for this 3 x 18650 body with my 6P: RUN TIME.

We will have a 3 days camp, 2 nights, and I want to take only 6P with $10 DX drop-in without carrying extra batteries. It's not for D26 or D36 bulbs you're talking about because I have different lights for them, not for this camp. Even with 3 x 18650 body I don't think those bulbs will last for just 1 night, not talking about running about 10 minutes max each time. I think the 6P DX drop-in will survive 2 nights with few hours per night using 1 set of batteries.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thinking out loud, why not put a two stage swtich on a 2x18650 powered light? You probably won't need full power for all your camp activities and since runtime is the main consideration that might work for you.

-LT

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the size this light would end up being, if you are really only after some runtime on a camping trip why not just bring along a few more batteries. Lets face it you aren't going to run the light from sundown to sunup. Take a surefire spares carrier and a 60L globe and you will be all set. 2 batteries in the light and 6 in the spares carrier. the idea mentioned about a 2 level light is smart. You don't need to run a light at full bore all the time. Once dark you can get away with less light, unless you are poking around for things that go bump in the dark.
Yaesumofo

We will have a 3 days camp, 2 nights, and I want to take only 6P with $10 DX drop-in without carrying extra batteries. It's not for D26 or D36 bulbs you're talking about because I have different lights for them, not for this camp. Even with 3 x 18650 body I don't think those bulbs will last for just 1 night, not talking about running about 10 minutes max each time. I think the 6P DX drop-in will survive 2 nights with few hours per night using 1 set of batteries.

TDKKP

Enlightened
Originally Posted by TDKKP

With the size this light would end up being, if you are really only after some runtime on a camping trip why not just bring along a few more batteries. Lets face it you aren't going to run the light from sundown to sunup. Take a surefire spares carrier and a 60L globe and you will be all set. 2 batteries in the light and 6 in the spares carrier. the idea mentioned about a 2 level light is smart. You don't need to run a light at full bore all the time. Once dark you can get away with less light, unless you are poking around for things that go bump in the dark.
Yaesumofo

I forgot to mention this is the main light will be on most of the nights, for other purpose my Novatac 120P will take care the needs of less light.

jugg2 said:

You could buy a 2X18650 Leef body, and put two cell extenders on it, but the cell extenders will probably only fit a 17670...

I'm thinking of getting a 9P body and 2 extenders to have 5 x RCR123A because the DX drop-in can handle up to 18V. Of course they won't last longer than 3 x 18650 but I think they may survive 2 nights in May: daytime is longer. And this set up requires only 1 type of RCR123A batteries.

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
I think that a 2X18650 setup is probably the most practical size to go with. If you plan on leaving it on all night I would just give in and take more bateries. 2 more 18650s doen't take up that much space; I carry 2 in the watch pocket of my jeans alot of times.

There may be some reason that you can't take extra batteries that I don't know about, so consider all this IMHO.:)

mdocod

Flashaholic
for long runtime a modified 4D mag with a cree @1W would provide respectable output for about 40-50+ hours on D size LSD NIMH cells. I don't know how important size is, but when looking for long runtime, it's hard to beat D size cells.

fxstsb

Newly Enlightened
Guess this is as good of a place as any. I am working on a similar project. It uses 3 x 18650s and will allow a G4 base bulb I see what Welch Allyn has but I have no experience with these bulbs. Working voltage between 10.1 and 12.8, What bulbs shuld I use for greater tha 500 lumens? Also I might want to assume 2.5 Amp/Hr draw max. What I want to know is your personal experience, which bulb? Thanks

Last edited: