Flashlight Organizing Bag???

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this has probably been covered a thousand times. However, I have tried searching the forum and have had little success. I am looking for a good bag to carry and organize most of my flashlights. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Most of the lights I have are 1 or 2 cell 123 lights.

Thanks

Paul
:thinking:

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
I know this has probably been covered a thousand times. However, I have tried searching the forum and have had little success. I am looking for a good bag to carry and organize most of my flashlights. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Most of the lights I have are 1 or 2 cell 123 lights.

Thanks

Paul
:thinking:

Can I ask you a question, (please don't get this wrong) but why do you put you lights in a bag? I mean I don't get it why people do that? For me there are two types of flashaholics, those that buy lights for collection and those that buy lights for use. IMO, when you collect stuff you put it on display, like a cabinet or something. And when you buy lights for use, you don't hide it in a bag, right? I mean you put in a accessible places for immediate or emergency use. My only bag that has lights in it is my emergency bag.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I ask you a question, (please don't get this wrong) but why do you put you lights in a bag? I mean I don't get it why people do that? For me there are two types of flashaholics, those that buy lights for collection and those that buy lights for use. IMO, when you collect stuff you put it on display, like a cabinet or something. And when you buy lights for use, you don't hide it in a bag, right? I mean you put in a accessible places for immediate or emergency use. My only bag that has lights in it is my emergency bag.

Good question stitch_paradox. The reality is that I have quite a few lights and I like to keep most of them handy because I feel like using different lights on different days. At the moment I have a wooden organizer that sits on my nightstand. The problem with that is that it makes them too accessible to the wife's and kid's grubby little hands. That and I am deadly afraid that they are going to rub against each other or fall and get damaged that way. If I kept them in a bag I could keep them handy, protect them and easily carry all of them if needed. I hate having to pick 1 or 2 whenever I travel. The reason I don't take them all is because of the logistics. If I kept them all in one bag it would solve this problem. If anything a bag would allow me to use my lights more not less.

Paul
:naughty:

Last edited:

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, there's at least a third type of flashaholic - one that accumulates lights to experiment, modify, test, and learn from. They often don't get used much, and -- especially after modification by someone who's mechanically declined -- sure aren't anything to put out on display. A bag's just fine for us -- or me, at least. I just got a couple of the MiniBOBs, and they're great for the job.

c_c

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
The best place to start is to answer these questions:

- Why do you need the bag? eg to carry lights while travelling, storage, EDC

- How tough do you need the bag to be? eg will you be using it around town, in the country or while doing extreme mountain biking.

- How organised do you want it to be? eg does it just need lots of pockets & one large main pocket or do you want a bag with elastic loops for you lights.

- How many lights are you going to carry?

- What accessories will be carried in it?

- How big are the lights? eg SF M3T size or SF 6P size

- How do you want to carry the bag? eg over the shoulder, in hand, on a belt.

GMArthur

Newly Enlightened
Have you looked at the TAD Gear Ultimate Schwag Bag? It looks like that might fit your needs.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say just as a carrying bag this may be what you're looking for.
The collector bag
I have one that I store my older and unused EDC lights in. It probably won't fit super thick CR123 lights, but it should keep most of them in one place.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked at the TAD Gear Ultimate Schwag Bag? It looks like that might fit your needs.

Looks like a great bag. Do you have one?? How well do most lights the size of say a Surefire A2 fit in these pockets? Can you fit one in and still close the velcro?

Paul

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say just as a carrying bag this may be what you're looking for.
The collector bag
I have one that I store my older and unused EDC lights in. It probably won't fit super thick CR123 lights, but it should keep most of them in one place.

The collector bag looks good, but I would be worried that if it got turned upside down for any reason all of the lights would fall out of their respective compartments.

GreySave

Enlightened
Depending upon your needs, a four pistol case from Doskocil can work. I use these for my lights and some other gear. They can be had for $15 to $20 and will hold about ten lights (More or less depending upon size) and / or other items like replacement bulbs, custom bodies, etc.... The egg crate foam inside will hold the lights securely in place, and the hard exterior case does a nice job protecting them.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use this...

medium.jpg

It's a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. Lots of compartments to store your gear. Comes in left or right side version, many flavours also. There is also a smaller version in the versipack series.

Check them out here.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all of your suggestions. Even though it is a bit pricey I went ahead and ordered the TAD Gear bag today. It seems like it is well made and can fit about 16 lights. I will load it up when I get it take some pics so everyone can see and hopefully help someone else decide whether or not it suits their needs.

Paul
:D

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Go to Gander Mountain if you have it in your state or any gun shop and buy a gun case. Thats what i did and im happy with it. Granted that its a hard case and you cant roll it up but you have the protsction of the inner foam that comes with it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for all of your suggestions. Even though it is a bit pricey I went ahead and ordered the TAD Gear bag today. It seems like it is well made and can fit about 16 lights. I will load it up when I get it take some pics so everyone can see and hopefully help someone else decide whether or not it suits their needs.

Paul
:D
I am very interested to see photos of how well it works for flashlights. Specifically I'd like to know whether it can hold 6P's and A2's as well as E-Series lights. I'm looking forward to your photos!

Al :)

momonbubu

Newly Enlightened
If they're small(er) lights, one of the roll up bags from CountyComm should work.

is anybody know how to get this stuff (countrycomm bag) outside of CONUS? i really want it, but they only ship CONUS :sigh:.

Anybody can help.? your reply will be much appreciated

Giandi

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the Tad Gear bag in today loaded it up and it works great. It is very well made and I got all of my 1 and 2 cell 123 lights to fit in the pockets. The largest light I put in a pocket was my A2. I will take some pics and post them soon.
:thumbsup:

Latest posts