Vista SP1 officially released

jezzyp

Enlightened
I've got vista on my laptop and I'm feeling brave so I'm downloading now. I've got the long weekend to play with it if there are any issues!

jezzyp

Enlightened
Posting this off my now SP1 vista laptop - It worked!

Windows update downloaded 66Mb and it took about 25 mins to install.

No ill effects and no positive effects so far - I haven't noticed any differences at all but will keep you posted.

jezzyp

Enlightened
Not yet available here. :confused:
I ran windows update twice to get it. I think there is an update to download first before it then triggers the SP1 update. Just try manually running windows update, get it to check for updates a few times - reboot - check for updates.
MS may have something to stop everyone trying to download it at the same time so keep trying.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Has anyone installed SP1 on Vista x64 yet? I've downloaded, just scared to install it. Maybe I'll image my Windows partition first just in case.

stevep

Newly Enlightened
I just installed it ,(X32) no problems so far. I would like MS to leave my internet options>security settings as they found them.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran windows update twice to get it. I think there is an update to download first before it then triggers the SP1 update. Just try manually running windows update, get it to check for updates a few times - reboot - check for updates.
MS may have something to stop everyone trying to download it at the same time so keep trying.

Thanks for the advice but I tried to no avail.

I believe I have an explanation though: having bought the PC here my Vista is in Italian by default; it is likely that just the English version of SP1 has been released for now.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the advice but I tried to no avail.

I believe I have an explanation though: having bought the PC here my Vista is in Italian by default; it is likely that just the English version of SP1 has been released for now.

Quote from ChannelWeb
"According to a Tuesday blog post by Windows Vista product manager Nick White, English, French, Spanish, German, and Japanese are available now, with the additional 31 language versions due in mid-April."

end quote.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
SP1 in Italian downloaded and installled today in about 40 minutes without any apparent problem.

Has anyone of you who have run it for a couple of months now noted any difference/improvement? :candle:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
SP1 in Italian downloaded and installled today in about 40 minutes without any apparent problem.

Has anyone of you who have run it for a couple of months now noted any difference/improvement? :candle:

I have Vista Home Premium on one of the laptops at home...and with SP1, it's definitely connecting to the wireless network faster. Besides that, I haven't seen much improvement. But then again, I don't use that laptop regularly.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I always download Service Pack updates first then install them. I got SP1 installed on Vistax64 without any issues. Can't tell a difference.