Elektro Lumens "Monster Throw"

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
Hi

My finger's getting itch. I want to get some monster throw from Wayne but not sure which is the best throw.

atm i have a few throw collection such DBS v2 is the best atm. So which of Wayne's moster throw will out throw the DBS v2?

please advice as i wanted to get it in a couple of days for bush walking trip :)

Thanks

iced_theater

Enlightened
None, that name is misleading. It's probably a good flood/medium throw light but definitly doesn't have throw like the DBS or MRV or similar.

One light that he will make sometime is the LongThrow. It has something like a 3" reflector that will throw probably just as well as the DBS an MRV. But once he makes the few that he has too, it's doubtful he'll do anymore as they are very labor intensive.

Zenster

Enlightened
I've got the MT-III, and love it for how floody it is. It seems that virtually every one of all of my other lights are competing with each other for "throw", but often, I find I want to light up a large, wide area.

The MT-III (in a Maglite 3-D), in that regard, is one of my most liked lights in that way. Plus, five hours runtime on a set of cheap Alkaline D cells is a real plus.
I've got drawers full of throwers, but this is the floody I go to for when I want to light up the night.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
I have the MT-IV, it throws a flood of light. The light spreads to a very wide area giving a wall of light. If you want a drop in for mag that can throw far, I suggest you try out the Malkoff Mag drop ins. Both Malkoff and Elektrolumnes drop ins are great products.

mooman

Newly Enlightened
Just to chime in my agreement with the above posts...I just received my MT-5 a couple of weeks ago and it puts out a huge flood of light. My current favorite for hiking at night.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking of getting an Elektro Lumens MT-III for my 3C Mag-Lite, and maybe the MT-5 if I can find a cheap donor Mag. Does anybody remember the Elektro Lumens K2 Stunner? Well, I actually have one. It was pretty much obsolete before I received it, with SSC and Cree coming out seemingly days later. The K2 Stunner has eight Lumileds K2's. Anybody want to wager a guess how my K2 Stunner would compare in brightness to an MT-III or MT-5? The K2 Stunner is pretty bright, but not surprisingly so considering it has eight LED's, and it has a slightly purply tint. My K2 Stunner is I fear forever lost to relic-hood, since it is cost and time-prohibitive to convert it to an SSC light, so if the Monster Throws can best or better it in a smaller package, that's likely where I am headed.