SF 6P-9P conversion?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Curious... does anyone make a SF switch cap that incorporates a 1 cell extension? So you can convert a 6P to a 9P with no additional segments of body tube between the cap and body.

????

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not totally clear what you are looking for...but I think you are saying you would like an extension with a built in switch.
Surefire 6P have a lot of options, adding an extension tube is one of them. there are multiple switch options (maybe the reason the extension tubes do not have switches built in). Another reason I suspect they don't build the switch in is cost. when you buy a 6P is comes with a switch. when you add an extension making it a 9P you will use the same switch which was on the 6p in the first place.
What I did was add the detonator extension sold at lighthound.com. it matches my shiny black 6P perfectly and the light looks great with the detonator and turbo head all together.

Another reason to buy the 6P and convert it is so that you have MORE surefire LEGO options. There is nothing like playing LEGO with all of your 6P and other parts...
The point is have fun.
Yaesumofo

Curious... does anyone make a SF switch cap that incorporates a 1 cell extension? So you can convert a 6P to a 9P with no additional segments of body tube between the cap and body.

????

generic808

Enlightened
I totally agree with what yaesumofo just said. The Detonator is a great extension/grip for the 6P which makes it look very nice! Once you start playing with extensions, bezels, tailcaps, etc., it'll never end! You'll just keep buying more and more parts to play Legos with :twothumbs

GPB

Enlightened
Be sure to check the length of any extension tube before you buy it. I was about to purchase a tube from Surefire for the G2 and it wasn't the right length for a CR123, it was to convert the light ( pardon me...illumination tool....) from 2 cr123 to a rechargable.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
The correct length to convert a 6P to a 9P is the A19 extender. The detonator is also this length, and there is a G&P version as well, although I can't personally vouch for the G&P one.

The A14 I think is the one to convert a G2 to rechargeable. The A21 converts the L60 weapon light into a 2 cell 6P equivelent and there are even more besides!

Kraid

Enlightened
Another reason to buy the 6P and convert it is so that you have MORE surefire LEGO options. There is nothing like playing LEGO with all of your 6P and other parts...
The point is have fun.
Yaesumofo

I agree with this. And Leef bodies add alot of fun as you can experiment with Li-Ions!

generic808

Enlightened
The correct length to convert a 6P to a 9P is the A19 extender. The detonator is also this length, and there is a G&P version as well, although I can't personally vouch for the G&P one.

The G&P one fits 3 x 123's, though the actual extension tube inner is a little wider than the 6P's. I believe the G&P tube can fit 18mm cells. I use 3 x CR's and where the extension is, the battery shakes around a little. This was cured by wrapping paper around the cell.

generic808

Enlightened

BMF

Enlightened

BMF

Enlightened
I got both of them today. I paid shipping for both in different transactions but they put both in the same box to ship with no invoices :confused::thumbsdow They should credit back my shipping charge. Now is my quick look about G&P:

- It's a little shorter.
- Has a thinner o-ring.
- Glossy black and pattern matched 6P body much better than the other even though it's not that shinny as 6P, but thread is not that polished as the other.
- Both srew in 6P body fine. But if you want to have 4 x 123 it's easier use the G&P first because of the bigger o-ring of the other.

I like the G&P better because it's cheaper, matches 6P better. The only down side is the other has a very shinny threads and more threads made it longer.

Last edited:

BMF

Enlightened
Can I ask what you compared the G&P to? Also, will the G&P fit 18mm cells?

I bought and compared the 2 from your links in your posts:

Kraid said:
Can anyone vouch for the thread quality of this? Is this the one you said can fit 18mm cells? http://search.ebay.com/search/search...t+#KA-FLA-01

Kraid said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=019
Anyone know the difference? I wanna turn a Leef body 6P into a Leef body 12P with 2x 18650s. Thanks!