Strange Kai Domain item

jugg2

Enlightened
That is pretty strange; they are using photos of the specific item they are not selling to promote their item. I wonder why?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd assume this is the usual routine going on now. A company sends their design to China to be manufactured, factory makes them without the name and sells them out the backdoor against contract. Without any R&D overhead they can undercut the designing company and sell cheap. Of course, the original companies that actually put effort into the process get shafted.

A surprising percentage of that economy is based on this sort of thing.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd assume this is the usual routine going on now. A company sends their design to China to be manufactured, factory makes them without the name and sells them out the backdoor against contract. Without any R&D overhead they can undercut the designing company and sell cheap. Of course, the original companies that actually put effort into the process get shafted.

A surprising percentage of that economy is based on this sort of thing.

But that can only be done a few times before orders stop coming in. There's more money in putting out good product and following good business practices, and subcontractors know that.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
$95.09 NOKIA N73 Has Nokia all over the place and then they state "* This cell phone is not manufacturer by NOKIA(R). Do NOT purchase if you believe you will receive an NOKIA(R) N73(R)" :ohgeez:
Another one here
$95.88 NCKIA 5610 cell phone
Norm

I actually handled this phone, very great phone for the price. It has every thing that a Nokia phone has, except the price. Exceptional sound quality and very crisp video and graphics. You wouldn't notice that it's not Nokia. But the only thing is...

every time you make a call you have to insert .25 cents at the side. :D :oops: Please be advised that I'm only kidding.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
The counterfeit and factory-seconds market is alive and well in China. Ever been to Xiangyang Market in Shanghai? It is dominated by tourists who spur the growth of the counterfeit market by way of increasing demand.