Need recommendations and pics of a grip ring on a SF G2 / 6P?

pbs357

Enlightened
Yeah, I haven't seen any good grip attachments for the G2 or 6P other than a detonator, but that's also a 1-cell extender. If you want a grip ring style feel in the 2-cell body size, I highly recommend getting a Z2 or G2Z. Since I got them, my G2s and 6Ps have been on glove box or "stay and home" duty! The grip ring plus the thinner body walls make it much easier to hang on to, even if you're not using the tactical/pistol combo hold technique (Surefire/Harries technique I think it's called).

USM0083

Enlightened
I bought the Grip ring set and use them on a 6P and G2. It's a bit loose on the 6P body, but a little electrical tape on the body fixes than.

On the G2 I had to dremel a bit of material off the hard plastic insert, which gives it a very tight fit on the body.

In terms of feel, I don't notice the thicker body of the 6P/G2, compared to my G2Z.

I tried the Leef grip on the 6P, and to get it tight I had to use a o ring between the grip and the tailcap, which eliminates the twist-on ability of the light (momentary only.)

roymail

Enlightened
You could get a Lighthound detonator/cell extender and have the option of using 3 x cr 123's (depending on P60) or 2 x cr123's + dummy 123 (AW $5) or 2 x 17670 (my preference). It looks pretty cool and will give you more to hold on to. Lot's cheeper than buying a new Z2 or G2Z. suggested. If you're just having a problem holding on to it, you could get some tennis/racketball grip tape and wrap it. Don't know of any other good options. :naughty: