E1b Head on E2 Body

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I just got my E1b today. Still waiting for dark to play. I did notice that the head fits my E2e body. I didn't try it with batteries for fear of damaging it. However I am curiours, does this work? Does it cause damage? Does this have any advantages?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
What you want to do is put a KX2 on the E2e body...preferably a black head on a black body.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get one of the new Ex2 head or a L4 head for a 2 cell body and you will not be unhappy.
Personally I am extremely happy with my E1B. I have Played LEGO with it now on many different bodies and switches and it is a very nice tool.
The 2 levels driven in the head are fantastic.
IIRC the E1B is as bright as the 2 cell version of the light. Surefire really has hit a home run with this little light.
Yaesumofo

I just got my E1b today. Still waiting for dark to play. I did notice that the head fits my E2e body. I didn't try it with batteries for fear of damaging it. However I am curious, does this work? Does it cause damage? Does this have any advantages?

greenstuffs

Banned
E1B head does not even work correctly with a Single RCR123. I would not try it unless with 1 cell and a spacer.