Do the Stock SureFire L1 & G2LED Take Rechargable CR123s?

Centropolis

Enlightened
Without any mods at all, is anyone running 3.6V RCR123s in their G2L or L1 reliably? If so, has there been any problems? Do the protected ones fit in the G2L or the L1?

Sorry if this was covered before but I cannot find the info.

USM0083

Enlightened
Without any mods at all, is anyone running 3.6V RCR123s in their G2L or L1 reliably? If so, has there been any problems? Do the protected ones fit in the G2L or the L1?

Sorry if this was covered before but I cannot find the info.

Not sure about the L1, but the P60L as used in the G2L, G3L and 6PL can take up to 9 volts, so 2 x RCR123 are fine.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Not sure about the L1, but the P60L as used in the G2L, G3L and 6PL can take up to 9 volts, so 2 x RCR123 are fine.

ic...but have you used this setup before? I know in theory it might work but I don't have a collection of nice flashlights like most of you here do. I only have two so far. So I don't want to blow one of them! :)

I just want to know if someone has consistantly run two RCR123s in a G2L or 1 one L1 and works without any problems like overheating or blown LEDs. It may shorten the life of the LED???

Anyways, sorry for being so particular....you guys obviously know way more than I do but I just want to make sure.

USM0083

Enlightened
ic...but have you used this setup before? I know in theory it might work but I don't have a collection of nice flashlights like most of you here do. I only have two so far. So I don't want to blow one of them! :)

I just want to know if someone has consistantly run two RCR123s in a G2L or 1 one L1 and works without any problems like overheating or blown LEDs. It may shorten the life of the LED???

Anyways, sorry for being so particular....you guys obviously know way more than I do but I just want to make sure.

I've run a P60L in a G3 with 2 x 17500 cells. No problems, and in terms of voltage they would be the same as 2 x RCR123s, but the 17500 are 1100 mAh each.

Last edited: