New lights what is going on? Wat do you like?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK so a lot of new lights have been making it to market the RA has shipped, the E1B from Surefire, a new offering from Fenix is looming, there seem to be many form our Asian light freaks. The NEW ARC seems close..
OK so what are you packing and why?
How have new lights changed the way and what you carry?

At the moment I am all about Editing the E1B ( I have been mixing it up with several cool body and switch sets just to mix things up a bit the E1B head is amazing) I have been also design a mule recently this one has a hybrid GITD disk and a Cree emitter being driven at 817ma. It really light up a room. I have pulled a softer GITD soft rubber switch cover on this light too it is cool.
I also find myself reaching for either a 6P with a Malkoff HP drop in with a red filter thingy. Love it. If not the 6P the I grab an A2 with the OS stand up / switch protection plastic bit.

OK I have opened my guts up Now what you packing ugh?

Yaesumofo

Buckeye

Enlightened
I just made my first light purchase in 5 months. I bought the Tiablo MA6. I've only had it for 4 days, but I really like it. I have one of AW's 17670s in it. Not much time to evaluate it yet. With the OP reflector it is still ties with my best thrower, the ROV Extreme 3C 4W. The Tiablo is 1/2 the length and pocketable for a coat pocket. With the SMO reflector it is my best thrower.
The Tiablo will trade off with my Fenix L2D RB100 as my third EDC.
My EDCs are a Fenix P2D CE (P4) and a Fenix E0. The P2D is much better than the L1P it replaced. Low is all I need most of the time. The E0 is on my keychain.
Anybody else?
Doug

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still alterante between my PD-S mizer and Novatac 85P. I came to a point where I realized that these are all I need for my purposes. I am expecting a Ra Twisty so it will also go into EDC rotation. I'll also probably get the new Arc when it comes out.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently aquired an olive green Gladius. It has since been upgraded with a k2 TFFC, this is what I EDC now and the color tint on the new K2 is amazing!
picture096smalltp2.jpg

picture159qx1.jpg

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got Elektrolumens to build me a SSC P4 DD by a 14500 in a 1AA minimag body.

Size comparison.
Fenix L0D CE, Fenix L1T, Chopped Minimak 14500, Elektrolumens Lucidus XR-1, Elektrolumens My Little Friend.
Minimaksize.jpg

Minimak 14500 left, L0D CE 10440 right.
MinimakleftL0DCE10440freshcells.jpg

Fits in a AAA minimag holster.
EDC.jpg

LG&M

Enlightened
I am using my SF E1B a lot that and my Nightcore DI. My latest purchase is a SF E2E. I mostly go for one cell lights but this one wouldn't let me forget about it. I haven't got it yet. It should be a good small incandescent and I think we will see more LED upgrades for the E1/E2 soon. I wish their were as many drop-In's for E series as their are for the P/C series.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite edc light right now is the Streamlight Stylus Pro. It is not incredibly bright, but it is no harder to carry with me than a bic pen and on 2xAAA e2 lithiums, it has hours of non dimming runtime. For a non Q5 light, I am pretty happy with it.

sawlight

Enlightened
I am still nothing but happy with my Novatac 120P. Nice size, great beam and runs forever it seems on rechargables! Tough as nails as well!! What more could you want from an EDC? I am still waiting for Lighthound to get the new clip back in stock, and I think I am going to go GID O-rings as well. I have been bending the clip on mine more frequently and th o-rings are stretching now.
I would like a cheaper version as I am still afraid of loosing it, and nobody can understand (outside of here that is) why I would pay that kind of money for that light, but it sure suits my needs very well.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been packin my LunaSol for about 3 months now! Why? Well, its my only Ti light/ the UI is awesome, and the dual flood/ throw is AMAZING!!:twothumbs

Other than that I use the 120T every once in a while, and the RA is coming out soon...:D being a flashaholic is great! (no end in sight for me :mecry:)

Mayo

sixshooter_45

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a new Surefire Z2, a new Surefire 6PD, a McClickie Black Tail cap and a Malkoff M60.

I installed the Malkoff M60 LA in the Surefire 6PD strike bezel and then assembled that and the McClickie tail cap onto the Z2 combat light and it's utilizing AW's CRC123 750mah batteries.

I then installed the Wolfeyes Cree XR-E LED 3.7V-13V D26 Lamp *High Output* 170 lumens LA from a Surefire 6P into the original bezel from the Z2 onto the Surefire 6PD and retained the 6PD momentary/click tailcap.

I put the new P60 LA from the new Z2 into the older Surefire P6 I use for work and gave that to my daughters boyfriend which he really liked.

The Malkoff is unbelievably bright with the perfect spot and spill, an excellent thrower and has such a white tint. The quality is outstanding, thanks Gene and Cathy for such a quality product and fast delivery.

So now I have an AWESOME custom assembled Surefire Z2 combat light that will sit next to my Wilson Protector .45 on my night stand. A New flashlight for work with the older Wolfeyes LA and made someones day.

Life is good!

Pics will be up soon!

jugg2

Enlightened
Well, my latest purchase is a L1. It hasn't even got to me yet. Last light before the L1 was one of Mac's "Torches". I can't say enough about it! It is such an awesome light. Sure the runtime is crazy short, but for that 10 minutes I can hold the sun in my hands!

I've been EDCing my P2D and my E2E with EO-E2R lately. When the L1 comes it will go in there as well. Most likely right front pocket.

Thats my story!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
add to this the availability of the very unique LUNASOL from McGizmo.
This is like having 2 lights in one and may be the untimate titanium flashlight. a nice hi and a nice wide in one...amazing. This one is on my radar as are the new U series lights from Surefire.
It is a great time to love flashlights.
Yaesumofo

paulr

Flashaholic
The Lunasol is the only light I'm still interested these days. Because of some personal matters that came up recently, I think I'm mostly retired from flashaholism for now.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
HID over LED in 2008:

1. Polarion 50W PH40
2. Polarion compact HID
3. Mac Mini-HID SMO
4. LunaSol 27

ugrey

Enlightened
It looks like '08 will be the year of the LED, at least for me. I will convert all my 6 and 9 volt incand. SureFires to LED. I already have 2 of DealExtremes 1447 drop ins and I also have a Bug Out Gear LED Cree drop in. I am now waiting for SureFire to release the 120 lumen E series LED head for my E2e, the 200 lumen P61 LED drop in, the 350 lumen KL9 head for my M3, and last but not least, the 400 lumen UB2. It looks like SureFire finally figured out how to make LEDs throw. That is what I have been waiting for. It looks like '08 will make me poor, but it will be MUCH brighter.

EV_007

Enlightened
SureFire E1B + E2D tailcap + F04 Beam diffuser = good EDC for me.

This setup has been heavily present in my EDC rotation as of late.

I get tail-stand capability and a strike bezel for chipping or smashing things such as auto glass if need be or to crack a melon or two...

The F04 Beam Diffuser works excellent in smoothing out the hotspot for the close range applications, which is the majority of my uses for this light. If I need the reach, off comes the diffuser. The rubber F04 also acts as a bumper when setting the light down on a hard surface such as pavement and the like.

e1B_fo4_UP.jpg

e1b_lineup_UP.jpg

My other lights in the 1 cell EDC rotation as of late.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also played with different tail switches for my E1b. I have been using one from an aleph light which really looks the part and does the job.

That said. I was able to get in line today for a LUNASOL !!Yes!!
I have been a longtime fan of Don's lights and whether he makes 5 or 50 I try to get one. I haven't don't that well in getting one of each but I know for sure I am going to get a Lunasol. What a cool light.
Dual driver dual beam single switch.(piston drive).
Of the new batch of custom and semi custom lights now coming out the Lunasol is (INHO) the most sophisticated and interesting. It has a nice tight beam like a PD or a wide beam like a mule. all in one. Two completely different driver circuits ruining things.
If you are interested in seeing how this modern marvel works have a look at the FAQ
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193013

I am looking forward to seeing what else we see in the medium term comes out from the CPF. ARC has yet to release, I think there are others too.
Yaesumofo

Ritch

Enlightened
As I love the HDS EDC/NovaTac lights, I am hoping for a alternative NovaTac reflector with the beam characteristics similar to the HDS EDCs - more hotspot, more throw. But I am afraid, this will keep my private daydream.

If HDS/RA will launch a follower of the HDS EDC U series, it will have a new design (hopefully slimmer) and we will have a longer waiting period, about one year imho.

> richard

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am waiting for the first reviews on the new HDS Ra flashlight, it's a bit over my budget though...

Latest posts