Play with your lights during Earth Hour 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Although I don't buy into the global warming hysteria that Al Gore is selling it will be an excuse to play with my light collection at 8pm local time on March 29th. That's the hour when we're all supposed to turn off our house lights for the environment. Guess I shouldn't watch TV or listen to music on house current either.

Will anyone else put on a headlamp, spread their lights and lanterns on the living room floor and flood the house with battery power? :party:

jugg2

Enlightened
I don't buy into Global Warming either, so I'm sure not gonna stop using power for that lol. But I will most likely be doing something with my lights.:D

THE PUNISHER

Newly Enlightened
Turning the lights out and flicking a bic light,i am stuck in the 80's...freebird.lol

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I have to do the National Flashlight Day thing the day before and charge up all my batteries just in case.
expect a full power surge directly after that event...be advised:nana:
I thought we are supposed to turn off ALL our lights and pretend we are living in One Million BC (minus Raquel Welch).

Illum

Flashaholic
I thought we are supposed to turn off ALL our lights and pretend we are living in One Million BC (minus Raquel Welch).

yeah but can you imagine everyone turning their lights back on all within that small window of so called "energy saving?"

or are we not supposed to turn them back on? I have reserves :grin2:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate running into walls and doors and tripping over the furniture. So I will leave my 1 watt LED lights on - all 3 of them.

My kitchen light:
Kitchenlight640.jpg

My bedroom light:
Bedroomnitelite640.jpg

My desk light:
Desklight640.jpg

My headboard light:
Headboardlight640.jpg

As I will be either at my desk or in bed only 1 of the last 2 will be on.

Just in case Ontario Power Generation goofs up at the end of Earth hour my flashlights are locked and loaded all over my home:
HouseFlashlightssmall.jpg

This is a practice posting in case the local TV station asks the stupid question "Are you going to turn off your lights during Earth hour?". I am a slow typist and it is easier to copy and paste from here than try to type during the show.

Dantor

Enlightened
I'll turn off everything and play with the lights too!

With global warning, if in a few years/longer, it turns out to be nothing, I'll just have lots of cool stuff and be off the grid and be self sustaining;

If it's real and TSHTF, the rest of you please leave your stuff where I can get at it easy, cause you'll be gone!:eek:oo: :naughty:

Mach1

Newly Enlightened
Here's an idea for that blathering idiot Al Gore:

Take your Gulfstream V up for a flight on the 29th. At Earth Hour, have your pilot turn off the aircraft's entire electrical system including all navigation, lighting, instrumentation, and hydraulic boosters for the flight controls.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm contemplating get a few people, take a couple of HID lights, drive over to San Francisco and have us some fun. Can't blame people for wanting to walk safely now can you? :nana:

but look!!! The HID lights are rechargeble so it's like totally green, like Electric cars and plug-in-hybrids that plug into the grid, right?:crackup:

Empath

Flashaholic
Political opinion of the topic has pretty well pushed the thread to the limit. I should have suggested the Underground as the proper location for the discussion at the start, but I hoped it could be handled here. Apparently not.

Thread closed. Please use our Underground Wine Cellar for additional discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.