HDS Systems        

Thread: 4D M@g upgrade choices?

Enlightened

Popcorn 4D M@g upgrade choices?

Just got a new M@g 4D from Target for $9 thanks to yall. Now the question is what to upgrade to. What would yall rate the top 5 upgrade choices based on brightness and runtime? Can be spot or flood. I would say Malkoff's is prolly 1st on the list. We are talking upgrades (dropins), not mods, yet anyways. Sorry, I know this topic has been covered, but I get a little confused on what is current with so much informative reading...
    Last edited by rjwpavo; 03-22-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: more info

Default Re: 4D M@g upgrade choices?

I saw this sale at my Target too, but the 4D was like 14 bucks. Still pretty good. I was toying with the idea of getting one plus one of the 3D Mag led upgrades (also about 14$) and seeing if the led can handle 4 cells!

I like the Quadlight http://www.inretech.net/. My favorite, right behind the Malkoff. A little pricey at a c-note, but worth every nickel.

Enlightened

I forgot about the other things I read about...is the aftermarket reflectors and lenses worth investing in for additional lighht output? I think I saw something from the "sandwich shoppe" as far as a reflector? By the way, Happy Easter to all!

The output wouldn't change much if you change the reflector. Changing the window(from plastic to UCL) would give you a bigger change. The main reason for changing to an after market reflector is for a smoother beam.