F1 Fans?

Patriot

Flashaholic
I was just curious if there were any Formula One fans watching the Malaysian Gran Prix tonight. The pre-race show is on Speed TV right now.

I love F1....woohoo! :twothumbs

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have cable anymore but have been a huge fan since about 1957 or so.

As Sterling Moss said when they didn't go very fast. "Driving a formula one is like driving a powerful sports car - on ice."
I don't think any American, drive in a circle, driver gets near the money with endorsements these guys get as a starting salary.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I don't have cable anymore but have been a huge fan since about 1957 or so.

As Sterling Moss said when they didn't go very fast. "Driving a formula one is like driving a powerful sports car - on ice."
I don't think any American, drive in a circle, driver gets near the money with endorsements these guys get as a starting salary.

Well, at least you can keep 'up to speed' with the racing on the internet. It looks like it will be an interesting year. I'm guessing the Hamilton and Raikkonen will be the guess to beat and Renault seems to be off the mark thus far.

I met Sterling Moss once about mm......15 years or so ago. What a cool guy, very cool! That sound's like something he's say too. I appreciate any professional driver but these guys on the world level are certainly a special group. Bob Varsha put things into perspective during a race a few years ago when he pointed out that more people have flown into space that those who have raced in Formula One! He went on the give the numbers but which I've forgotten but that's an amazing stat to me.

Thanks for posting your interest. Btw, I only been following F1 since about 1984 so you've got me by a long way! :) I do enjoy F1 history though and would probably be familiar with many of the guys that you watched in the early years.

Latest posts