Fenix-store does it again...

rideandshoot

Newly Enlightened
They just turned my return around in a couple days. New head for one of my L2Ds.

:twothumbs

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
My last two orders with them arrived less than 48 hours after I placed them.

Great to hear that their customer support after the sale is just as efficient and responsive.

Now if they would just sell me a headlamp, I could make another order or two :D

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck getting that E0 ;)

I'm glad I got one while I could.

Tell me about it Jarl! I've had a quick look around today and they are as elusive as a white elephant. I should have ordered one last year while I knew I could have. :mecry:

Is the E0 good enough to recommend?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure... It's a really nice little light, near perfect for bathroom runs in the night (possibly a wee bit on the bright side, but it's certainly a long way from painful) and pretty much bombproof for showing off (lob it on the ground, etc). The main selling point for me is that it will apparently give 17 hours of regulated output on lithium AAA's, and it's pretty good as an EDC, though I'll replace it with an L0D soon and keep the E0 as an backup EDC (i.e, I don't want to take all my stuff with me, so just grab the E0). However, the main disadvantage for me is the fact that the beam has a blue centre, though this seems pretty common throughout smaller nichia lights. Also, the aluminium around where the clip goes may be a wee bit thin, though I haven't heard of any failures around this area.

On balance, I'd strongly recommend it- cheaper than an arc and fully regulated output (I really like fully regulated). If they can get rid of the blue spot in the middle of the beam and beef up the aluminium (even if this isn't necessary, it would make me feel better ;)), then that'd make it absolutely perfect for me.