R.I.P. Mom in law...

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
This morning at 09:30 (CET +1) my mother in law died after fighting cancer for more than a year. She was just 57 years old. She went to sleep, never to wake up again.

We knew it was coming, last night, her doctor told us that she wouldn't be with us much longer. He told us that we should start counting in days, instead of weeks, but no one saw it coming that she would pass away the next morning.

She got to say goodbye to everyone , except for me. While everyone was with her, I had to work. I am relieved that her suffering has ceased, but I wish I could have told her the things I wanted to say. I still wanted to thank her for her beautiful daughter, I still wanted to call her 'mom' just once and I still wanted to get some of her great recipes. But I guess that nothing needed to be said, that all was good, as she slipped away quietly, before I had the chance to talk to her.

Just needed to share... thanks for listening (reading)

Coop

B@rt

Flashaholic
sympathy.jpg

Knifekulture

Newly Enlightened
Coop, I'm very sorry to learn about your mother-in-law passing away.My mother died from cancer also. I was heartbroken. She fought her battle for two years. My thoughts and prays are with you and your family.
~Shawn

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm sorry to hear this, Coop. I lost my mother in law last year so I can relate. It sounds like she went in the best way possible, quietly and peacefully slipping away from the shackles of a body that had simply run it's course. May she rest in peace.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry too as I can personally relate. I like PhotoWrangler's words. I keep hoping they can get a grip on cancer within my lifetime.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was too young to say 'thanks dad, for what you've done for me', when he passd
away from cancer at 59.
For those of us who are left to cope in this world, it's the inspiration and strength we have
learned from our loved ones no longer with us, that keeps us to carry on.

May she rest in peace.

jezzyp

Enlightened
Thats the great thing about CPF, you can share stuff like this and folks like me from across the world will send their thoughts.

People come and go - memories shall always remain.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Coop,

She knew what you carried in your heart. Its reflection is how you love your wife. Mothers know!

Be extra gentle with your wife.

I lost both my Mother Inlaw and my Mother within a 2 year period. Time heals all to a certain degree.

I will raise my glass to your Family tonight.

Be strong my Brother.