Stupid lanyard questions

sawlight

Enlightened
I have been thinking, yeah, i know, and I am really afraid of loosing my 120P, so I ask you all for some help on some ideas I have.

I have ordered the new style clip for my 120P, the old one snagged a lot on my coat and got dropped, I got lucky and found it each time. I have ordered new GITD O-rings for it, not sure it will help as it's carried in a pocket all the time, but worh a try. I alos ordered 4' of 3/32" GITD paracord, heres the dilema:
I am thinking of making a lanyard with the paracord and attaching a carabiner on the other end o hook into a belt loop.

1) Is this going to make the light so bulky as to defeat the purpose of EDC and make me hate this idea? Not sure if it's been done before or not, I couldn't find anything in the searches.

2) I work in a VERY dirty enviornment, how well do you think the GITD will work in these types of condidtions?

My idea/theory is to carry the light in my pocket and have the 'biner clipped to my belt loop, if I need it, I will have to unclip it then pull it out of my pocket. If it gets snagged it is still attached to my belt loop by the 'biner and not lost.

I welcome any and all thoughts on this. Thanks!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
want ot make a very small workable one?

Get one of those thread loops with a split-ring that come from flashsticks etc. (like in this) Get a few inches of shock cord/elastic cord and assemble them.

I did this and the length is only from the A to the L cap on your keyboard.
The elastic ameks it small, easy to slip off if it gets tangled, and fits and adjust automatically to your hand size. It easily gets lost in my shirt pocket.

Enjoy, Kostas

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
I've been pocket carrying an L1T on a short lanyard for a while now and it works great for me.

Mine is made of gray 550 cord, a McGizmo "mini" clip, and a steel cable cellphone lanyard loop.

It hooks to a belt loop and keeps the light about an inch off the bottom of my front pocket so it won't get beat up on keys or pocket change.

-Greg

Spence

Enlightened
You're on the right track with 4' of paracord. Go to Lighthound.com, to flashlight accessories, then lanyards... you'll need to order two oval (two holed) cord locks-$0.75 ea, a cord end cap-$0.65, a #5 split ring-$0.20, a 35mm, stainless steel, spring clip-$3.50 and you'll be able to assemble your own fully adjustable lanyard with enough length to let you stow your light in a front pants pocket or adjust the slack to shorten, then stow it in your shirt pocket til needed. You won't drop or lose it and you'll have enough lanyard to reach the pockets so your light isn't swinging in your way when not needed. With two cord locks, when shortened, the excess lanyard cord will hang down behind your neck and out of the way. A deluxe rig for less than ten bucks.
Good luck.
Spence
:poke:
buttrock.gif

SemperFi

Banned
I have mine resolved and it is easily held with a ring at one end of the lanyard, slip yr middle finger into it {like HERE}
and on the other side {like HERE}, it shows a firm hold and it stays in your palm under any conditions.
Tucking it back into the holster is a breeze too.

Cheers...:)

P1040600.jpg

sawlight

Enlightened
Some interesting idea presented!!
Neck carry is not an option for me!! It's a snag hazard, and I am in maintenance for a company with a lot of neat deadly machines with shiny spinning things that cut you up badly!!!
The "slack tender" is an interesting idea!!I can tie a knot something like that and don't need it. Tree climbing with chainsaws dangling on a rope is one of my hobbies. So I have learned a few knots!!
So any thoughts on how well the GITD para cord (white) will hold up to my dirty environment?
Theoretically it shouldn't be an issue, since it's tied to me, right?

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
I have mine resolved and it is easily held with a ring at one end of the lanyard, slip yr middle finger into it {like HERE}
and on the other side {like HERE}, it shows a firm hold and it stays in your palm under any conditions.
Tucking it back into the holster is a breeze too.

Cheers...:)

:thumbsup: SemperFi,

I like the idea of having the ring as a way to hold onto the lanyard. I may combine that idea with one I was working on a while back.

I didn't like the stock lanyard hole location on the T1, as the holser is bezel up and that puts the lanyard on the bottom of the holser. I too considered tying off the lanyard on the pocket clip but after messing with it a bit.

I came up with this, let me know what you think.

-Greg