4 cell maglite LED dropin

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
HI everyone ive got a 4 cell maglite. I was wondering if there are any LED dropins for it, and if there are, is it brighter than the stock incondescent. Were can i buy one of these LED dropins ( any suggestions.)? Also do they make rechargable batteries for the maglite, where do i get those? thanks

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI everyone ive got a 4 cell maglite. I was wondering if there are any LED dropins for it, and if there are, is it brighter than the stock incondescent. Were can i buy one of these LED dropins ( any suggestions.)? Also do they make rechargable batteries for the maglite, where do i get those? thanks
Maglite made some. They weren't the brightest, they're generally an upgrade from the incandescent bulb, and they have a much better runtime. Here is a review of them.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are many drop-ins for the Maglites.

What are you looking for? Max output? max runtime? Pretty much all of them are brighter then the stock bulb.

Don't maglites use normal batteries? (besides the Magcharger)

Then shouldn't normal batteries work(rechargeable C and D sized batteries).

chewy78

Enlightened
There are many drop-ins for the Maglites.

Then shouldn't normal batteries work(rechargeable C and D sized batteries).

Sure they will. I've got a magled 2d running with a pair of Accupowers' 10,000mah low self discharge d cells. It is just as bright as one with alkalines.