• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Orb Flik Proto

SOLD: a prototype from Orb, from a few years back when the "Flik" light was created. I think the Flik was a predecessor to the Original Orb. The Flik light is activated with a simple flick of the wrist and is deactivated with a light tap on the bottom of the light. The barbell-shaped light is drilled from a solid rod of aluminum, and its walls are very thick - it has a very solid heft to it. There are some minor flecks where the light gray anodization is missing, but it's in altogether very good condition. The light accepts 3 N cells (not included) and this early rendition has four Nichia LED's that are quite weak by today's standards. This light would probably need a good mod to make it perform as good as it looks - it currently has that sickly blue Nichia beam. PayPal only, add 3% if using a credit card. Shipping to anywhere in the world. PM me for international rates. First to state, here in the thread, an unconditional "I'll take it" has priority.

$110 shipped CONUS, SOLD to Olaf_S.

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

Last edited:

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Orb Flik Proto

Does it have a vibrate mode?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had several of these a year or so back and, I believe I still have one although as I told Dad several days ago, I'll be dipped in you know what if I can find it!!:confused: It was (is?)a heckuva different design and a surefire (heh, heh!) conversation piece although not the best performer nor carrier due to the weak output and heavy weight. It certainly was (and remains!) a piece of flashlight history and it a most handsome piece to boot and a real collector. These don't come up very often, this may be the first I have ever seen so.....if you don't have one, you should!

Karl

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

:ironic: No, but it does come with a thread-trashing detector.

That wasn't thread-trashing, that was funny!
Gave the thread a kick, and made me take another look at the light.
I would have bought it last night if I hadn't just bought a LunaSol.

Looks it's sold in any event.