Best way to shim batteries?

TomBrown

Newly Enlightened
I have a Romisen RC-T5 intended for bike use and I noticed 18650 cells rattle a bit inside.

What is the best way to shim in this situation? Is there a better solution than black electrical tape?

Thank you,

Tom

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wrap some black electrical tape around until the batteries stop shaking, but can come in and out of the light easily.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Post-It Notes are very handy for this.

Easy to work with.

Don't leave any "cruddy adhesive" behind :whistle:

Give it a try.

_

BigBoy

Enlightened
I use cardstock to shim a AA battery into a Surefire 'E' body. Simply wrap the necessary amount of cardstock around your batter and slide it into the body. When you slip the battery out the cardstock stays in place.
Bob

SilverFox

Flashaholic
I might also add that if you put some form of ID or contact number on whatever you use to shim your batteries, in the event that you loose your light, you give whoever finds it a means to get it back to you...

Tom

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might also add that if you put some form of ID or contact number on whatever you use to shim your batteries, in the event that you loose your light, you give whoever finds it a means to get it back to you...

Tom

That is great idea even if you don't need to shim the batteries. I sadly lost a SF A2 two weeks ago after only owning it for 2 days. I sure wish I had some form of identification on it or in it. This sounds great!