I just bought a FENIX T1.

LedSanders

Newly Enlightened
:thinking:
Still kind of new to the CPF but have been a flash-a-hollic since...

Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice for rechargeables for this light and where to get them for the best price I have a couple battery chargers that can charge Cr123's so I don't really need a charger just some good rechargeables that won't push 4.7+v for the first minutes of use!

I live in kind of a rural area and cr123's are hard to find that haven't been sitting on the shelf for years!

I had a palm Blaze K2 and I put some rechargeable cr123's into it and burnt it out in less than a minute use!
(alright for a cheap $25 flashlight, but not something I want to do to a $75 flashlight.)

Last edited:

LedSanders

Newly Enlightened
Not sure they were given to me as a B-Day gift!

And they are 1000mAh I thought they were 800mAh
SNC13080.jpg

LGCubana

Enlightened
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/191727&page=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshaw
:drool: hey 47s, when will this be on fenix-store? and whats the price point?
:paypal:
Crenshaw

Yep, the Tk10 is real. You can be sure we'll have them
out the door first :) Official release date is March 25. Keep a look out
in the reviews section around that date. We're putting some into the hands
of some competent reviewers. Price point is around the T1's. It'll be
a couple bucks more due to increased material costs and the US dollar dropping :(

IMSabbel

Enlightened
:thinking:

Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice for rechargeables for this light and where to get them for the best price I have a couple battery chargers that can charge Cr123's so I don't really need a charger just some good rechargeables that won't push 4.7+v for the first minutes of use!

I had a palm Blaze K2 and I put some rechargeable cr123's into it and burnt it out in less than a minute use!
(alright for a cheap $25 flashlight, but not something I want to do to a $75 flashlight.)

I am not suer what your problem is, maybe some kind of missunderstanding:
IIRC, the T1 uses a buck circuit, and has no problem with anything below 16V or so total voltage.

Maybe that Blaze K2 was a direct drive light, but something like that shouldnt happen at all with the Fenix. Just think about it: If it can reduce 7.4V to 3.7V, why not 9.4V?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
these cells are NOT protected, so You will loose one (at least) with the very 1st use.

When the light starts to SHOW a lesser output, one (at least) is below its safe 3-2.8 Volts and most certainly under its 2.5 Volts where Li-Ios start to get damaged irreversibly.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely buy some AW protected RCR's. It's not worth loosing a light like the T1 to inferior cells.

LedSanders

Newly Enlightened
I'll bet you a half dozen new cells they're not a mAh more than 800.

Print is cheap. And it sells batteries.

c_c
I do have 8 of them my friend thought they would be a good gift but I can tell they are cheep.

IMSabbel said:
Maybe that Blaze K2 was a direct drive light, but something like that shouldnt happen at all with the Fenix. Just think about it: If it can reduce 7.4V to 3.7V, why not 9.4V?
no it had a driver board in it I am still not sure if its the bulb or the board that is burnt up.

PalmBlaze K2

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not suer what your problem is, maybe some kind of missunderstanding:
IIRC, the T1 uses a buck circuit, and has no problem with anything below 16V or so total voltage.

Buck circuits do have limits. It just so happens that the T1 can (apparently) handle a good amount more than two Li-Ions in series. If you exceed the maximum input voltage for a buck circuit, you'll fry it just as sure as any other driver.

d123

Newly Enlightened
these cells are NOT protected, so You will loose one (at least) with the very 1st use.

I have 2 sets of batteries that look just like that, I have been using them in a P3D for at least 6 months without any problems. When I lose turbo mode I charge them, and always use the same 2 together.

Never had a problem, and they give pretty good output.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Buck circuits do have limits. It just so happens that the T1 can (apparently) handle a good amount more than two Li-Ions in series. If you exceed the maximum input voltage for a buck circuit, you'll fry it just as sure as any other driver.
Well, then the people of the other light were REALLY cheap on the safety margin.

OTOH, the fenix buck drivers seem to be able to cope with a lot: I remember a review of a p3d where somebody put it on a signal generator with a sawtooth signal, ramping it up to 18V, it was stable all the way up.

neoseikan

Enlightened
I always use 650mAh 16340 made by a factory in Guangdong, no brands.
About $3.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitly dont like the smiley in the title and dont understand why it has been chosen
:(

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
OTOH, the fenix buck drivers seem to be able to cope with a lot: I remember a review of a p3d where somebody put it on a signal generator with a sawtooth signal, ramping it up to 18V, it was stable all the way up.

Give them a hint of reverse polarity and they go :poof: though :(

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Sounds like some bad experience...

Well, for my part I noticed that in future i will leave my finger away from LiFePo cells.
Who cares about safe chemistry if they are so much worse in every regard than simple AA NiMh?
An AW cell lasts for a whole week in my P3D, and those cells were empty on wednesday. Checked again, and they really last only half as long.