Fenix L2D Premium Q5 or RB100? Any New Versions Coming Up?

Centropolis

Enlightened
Does anyone know if there will be a replacement for the L2D Q5/RB100 out in the near future? I am just wondering if this is a good time to buy. It's like I don't want to buy the T1 now since the new on is coming out this week.

Also, if it is still a good time to buy a L2D, can someone tell me the practical difference in the RB100 and Q5 in terms of the beam itself (brightness, amount of throw and spill) and runtime?

Raymond

Enlightened
There's very little difference between the rebel and the cree. If you look, you can find some beamshots, there are plenty.

in short, it appears that the cree is slightly brighter, but the rebel has a smoother beam and on average a nicer color.

cal..45

Enlightened
I do own both, a R100 and and Q5 fenix P2D. due to its whiter tint the Q5 seems to be brighter on a white wall, but in the field doesn't make much of a difference. however, what does make a (IMO noticeable) difference are the beam pattern and the tint itself.

the rebel has an almost perfect artifact-free beam and because of its slightly yellowish tint I would say it gives better colour rendition. the Q5 is a lot more ringy (both lights with op reflectors btw.) and because it seems to be super white (at least to my eyes) the colour rendition is a little inferior, but this is probably a matter of personal preferences. all in all I can 100% recommend either light and I really do like both a lot. if I could have only one, I really had a hard time to choose, but probbaly would give the rebel a slight edge, fortunately i don't have to make this decission and I'm happy that I have the alternative everytime I want to.

regards, holger

Centropolis

Enlightened
I do own both, a R100 and and Q5 fenix P2D. due to its whiter tint the Q5 seems to be brighter on a white wall, but in the field doesn't make much of a difference. however, what does make a (IMO noticeable) difference are the beam pattern and the tint itself.

the rebel has an almost perfect artifact-free beam and because of its slightly yellowish tint I would say it gives better colour rendition. the Q5 is a lot more ringy (both lights with op reflectors btw.) and because it seems to be super white (at least to my eyes) the colour rendition is a little inferior, but this is probably a matter of personal preferences. all in all I can 100% recommend either light and I really do like both a lot. if I could have only one, I really had a hard time to choose, but probbaly would give the rebel a slight edge, fortunately i don't have to make this decission and I'm happy that I have the alternative everytime I want to.

regards, holger

Thanks for the info. I did put my order through today for a L2D Q5. And depending on how much the new Tk10 is...I may order that next week too. I am really jumping into becoming a flashaholic!

I own a SF G2L, L1, Inova T3, Romisen RC-G2 (on order), and L2D Q5 (on order) now.....(well, and various Maglite AAs but those are boring....hehe)

I am really interested in doing the ROP on a Maglite 2D though.

Last edited: