• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: 64623 /64558/64440 Bulb/s * i'll buy or for charity =]

nitnapz

Enlightened
bulb connection's $22+ for shipping to canada is not too reasonable for me.

ideally, i was on the hunt for

a few 64623 osram bulbs
64558 osram lamp
64440 osram lamp
--
so if you have any lying around, i'm interested

zach

Conte

Enlightened
No replies to this? A shame.

If someone knows of a good Canadian bulb supplier, a thrown bone would be appreciated.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Good to see you've got at least one lined up.

I had no idea their shipping would cost so much! Let me know if you happen to find a better source... I'm going to be looking for some 623s, 633s, and perhaps others soon as well.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
No replies to this? A shame.

If someone knows of a good Canadian bulb supplier, a thrown bone would be appreciated.

That was from 2 years ago. I think some of us had sent him some bulbs with various things, like battery packs I made for him.

I wouldn't mind sending you some bulbs, but I will only use Priority Mail International for shipping, which is about $13 for the small flat rate box, otherwise I have to deal with our impossible Post Office as discussed here. I have a bunch of all those bulbs (new) on hand but not sure how many can fit in one of those boxes, and would likely need another plastic box inside the shipping box.

Conte

Enlightened
Oh sweet deal.

Tomorrow I'm going to run out to a local electronics supply dealer that I just remembered deals Osram/Sylvania.

If I'm out of luck (as sometimes you have to have a minimum order) I'll defiantly be hitting one of you guys up.

I just got my IMR26500 driven "Mag623" built and roaring. But I am currently running a bulb I got by dismantling an 100watt H3 bulb.
I'm really going to need a 623 to call it a 623, and I plan to write up a tutorial for this design, so I really should test it with the intended bulb.
15.4 volts at the pins under load, so it should be good to go.

Last edited:

Conte

Enlightened
Any more information on the 623. Is there something special about it, or will any 100w 12v G6.3 high hour bulb give the same effect ?

A local supplier has ordered me an equivalent bulb rated about 3000 hours. I forget it's model number I really should of wrote is down.

Another supplier has a listing for the 64623, have to call me back.
They are the ones that are unlikely to get me a single bulb.

IN other news, that same second supplier had a NOS Philips 6550 in stock, AKA: OSRAM 64633. 150watt @ 15v.

I dropped that into my 3D with a 4x26500IMR powerplant and Wow !
And that's only going to be about 5000 lumens according to Lux's Charts. I measured 14.5v at the pins with lightly cells, I'll get a HOTC reading as soon as my charger is free.

Based on what I'm seeing, I don't think the 100wH3 bulb I butchered is
quite giving me the same effect that my CPF research is suggesting I will get from a 64623.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Conte, thanks for the update; I'll be interested to see what kind of luck you have with that. Shipping costs do seem to be an unfortunate downside to living up here!

LuxLuthor, if you have any extra 64623/64440 or similar that Conte isn't taking and that you don't want, I would be interested in buying them from you. :)

Conte

Enlightened
Oh, on that note, the word: "Group Buy" is coming to mind.

What area of Canada are you in ?

Conte

Enlightened
You might be on to something! I'm in B.C. I wonder how much interest there would be?

I just mean between the 2 of us.

I can get the 623 on Ebay for about $4us a bulb, but $24us shipping.
This source also has the 5761 bulb I need to complete my collection.

I'd want 2 bulbs for reference. $24 for $8 worth of bulbs Hurts.
Between the 2 of us is $12 shipping each for a reasonable amount of bulbs. Meanwhile, I'll go the the post office tomorrow and confirm, I could probably "padded mailer" your bulbs to you cross country for maybe $3-5cnd.

Let me know exactly what you want to I can crunch some numbers.
If maybe one other person did chime in on this it would be even better.
I personally wouldn't want to get to many people involved.
But perhaps if we want to online source them we could consider posting in the group buy section.

Meanwhile, If Lux is willing to hook just the 2 of us up, splitting his $13 shipping, could be an easy solution.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I'd probably be looking for:

2* 64623
1* 64440
1* 64432

...but that might change slightly depending on bulb costs.

Thanks for looking into this! :)