Alternative to ebay.........

BUZ

Enlightened
Am pretty much sick and tired or ebay and have been looking for an alternative place to sell, has anyone ever tried: http://us.ebid.net/ ??

Anyone know of any better alternatives?

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep... Craig's list is a great way to get rid of a bunch of stuff quickly...

JACKSONVILLE, Ore. -- A pair of hoax ads on Craigslist cost an Oregon man much of what he owned.

The ads popped up Saturday afternoon, saying the owner of a Jacksonville home was forced to leave the area suddenly and his belongings, including a horse, were free for the taking, said Jackson County sheriff's Detective Sgt. Colin Fagan.
On his way home he stopped a truck loaded down with his work ladders, lawn mower and weed eater.

"I informed them I was the owner, but they refused to give the stuff back," Salisbury said. "They showed me the Craigslist printout and told me they had the right to do what they did."

he driver sped away after rebuking Salisbury. On his way home he spotted other cars filled with his belongings.

Once home he was greeted by close to 30 people rummaging through his barn and front porch.

The trespassers, armed with printouts of the ad, tried to brush him off. "They honestly thought that because it appeared on the Internet it was true," Salisbury said. "It boggles the mind."...

Same forum, last year:

TACOMA, Wash. - Someone with cruel intentions placed a fake ad on Craig's List, inviting people to take whatever they wanted for free from a Tacoma home.

Homeowner Laurie Raye says there's little left now of the house. The outside of the home is trashed, the inside is nearly gutted and covered in graffiti. Raye says she is devastated.

"I was attached to this home because it used to be my mom's," says Raye.

Raye recently evicted the tenant and cleaned out the rental, but she would soon be the one taken to the cleaners. A phone caller alerted Raye to the destruction. She walked through her garbage strewn front yard to find her house dismantled.

"Including the front door," said Raye. "This used to be a very nice vinyl window here."

From the light fixtures to the hot water heater, everything is gone - including the kitchen sink.

Her neighbors later reported seeing strangers hauling stuff away from her home, seemingly looking for salvage material.

The "ad" was posted on Craig's List last weekend...
I hope they prosecute/prosecuted everyone involved... :mad:

-Bill

BUZ

Enlightened
^^^^^^Well that really stinks!

My home is sealed like Ft knox plus I have two large German Shepherds roaming around so I'm not so worried about that.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a lot of them out there, but it seems that the best place to sell is on ebay and the best place to buy is on the other sites.

It is very common today to find ebay sales that cost more than what Amazon sells things for.

Craigs list is definitly the place to start.

jinx626

Enlightened
OMG noone mentioned CPFMP?!!! altho some of your items might not sell here, but for sure you have lesser chance of being scammed.

my .02 (worthless, i know...)