Surefire lockout switch

tricker

Enlightened
what are the machine marks for if all you do is unscrew till the momentary can no longer make contact?or is there some trick to actually lock something

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it just so you can actually feel where to switch is positioned.
notice the mark on the body as well....

tricker

Enlightened
so when you line the notches up its is for momentary mode?...half turn counter clockwise is lock, and half turn clockwise is on......it just seemed to me that when lined up the light would be "locked":thinking:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly doubt anyone actually pays attention to the "Dimples" and just turn the tailcap to "ON" or "OFF"

Probably one of those features that a Military or LEO might use when in a tactical situation....

kramer5150

Flashaholic
so when you line the notches up its is for momentary mode?...half turn counter clockwise is lock, and half turn clockwise is on......it just seemed to me that when lined up the light would be "locked":thinking:

Its like this:

Full clockwise rotation to turn on.
Rotate CW, stop when notches line up for momentary.
Rotate CCW further so cap notch is 180 degrees opposite body notch for full lock out.

It takes a few more turns beyond that for the cap to come off completely. So its not like its going fall apart.

No there is no "lock", or click position... its just a tight o-ring gasket. So it doesn't "free-spin". I've been carrying my light loosely in my backpack for a month and it has not turned on.

Latest posts