Has anyone tried the new Coleman LED Spotlight?

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
4351700500rt9.jpg

• Cree XR-E LEDs
  • 530 Lumens Rechargeable
  • Includes 120V and 12V adapters
  • Trigger-style switch: depress to turn ON, release to turn OFF
  • Includes a slide switch for continuous ON operation
Product Page
Walmart link

It looks interesting, and the price seems reasonable.

BUZ

Enlightened
Woah gonna have to get me one!

0007650122639_500X500.jpg

Is the runtime 1.5 or 2.5 hours? :shrug:

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 15.38 x 10.02 x 6.4 :eeksign:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Interesting, except I'm wondering what size battery it's using as the 2.5 hour runtime seems short for it's size....:confused:

Blacklight

Enlightened
Interesting, except I'm wondering what size battery it's using as the 2.5 hour runtime seems short for it's size....:confused:

The battery is SLA. 2.5 hours is longer run time than you are going to find on a true spotlight, at least in major retailers. Everything else claims an hour and runs 5 minutes, granted they are halogen.

To each his own though, I am sure some will enjoy the light others wont. Personally I never have one on my desk long enough to enjoy it, people keep asking for freebies..hehe

The thing I personally like is it is plenty bright for what I use it for, it has a good run time, and it does not get hot like a halogen.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The battery is SLA. 2.5 hours is longer run time than you are going to find on a true spotlight, at least in major retailers. Everything else claims an hour and runs 5 minutes, granted they are halogen.

To each his own though, I am sure some will enjoy the light others wont. Personally I never have one on my desk long enough to enjoy it, people keep asking for freebies..hehe

The thing I personally like is it is plenty bright for what I use it for, it has a good run time, and it does not get hot like a halogen.

I suppose that I don't like the form factor. I just think it's too big and heavy for a 500 lumen led that doesn't throw very well. When it came to halogen spotlights of the last decade, the large, top heavy, pistol grip style, just like we see with this light, I could justify them because they had great throw. That throw was due the the incan bulb, large smooth reflector with housing sized to accommodate the reflector. This light doesn't have a reason to be large other than it's battery. I think that the SLA battery and cantankerous form factor are deficiencies that Joe sixpack might not care or know about, whereas CPFers have options. For instance DX is selling triple-cree, li-ion powered lights with the convenience of a conventional small flashlight form which matches this light's performance specs. If you don't figure in price, there are many options far superior to this Coleman spot configuration. Consider the new tri-led Terralux and tri-led Malkoff which were both designed for maglite. There are many more besides the few that I listed but ya'll get the idea. As many of you already know a 500 lumen multi-led light seems fairly unimpressive next to a 50-100W Halogen of this same size, especially when powered by a SLA.

just my 2 cents...:ironic: