• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Looking for a drop in mod for 3d Maglite

PYKE

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend anything?!
Hopefully something with like 5 X Q5's or something like that!:twothumbs

donn_

Flashaholic
The hottest drop-ins you can get for a 3D Mag: 1.) Malkoff Devices Quad-Q5. It needs a minimum 3.8v to run in regulation. 2.) 5x or 4x SSC P4 drop-ins from Elektro Lumens. Sketchy availability, but they can be had. They are usually wired for 4.5v. 3.) 3x K2 TFFC with optics from Terralux. Available at several dealers, including Battery Junction.

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
As mentioned above both Malkoff, and Elektrolumens are excellent. They are both worth the wait.

floodlight

Newly Enlightened
I would highly recommend the MT-5 drop-in (with 5 SCC P4) from Elektro Lumens. I got one last week. I have no way of telling whether it is 1000 lumens as claimed but it is VERY BRIGHT.

I am using 3 D nimh batteries with it for constant brightness. I read that I could use regular D alkaline batteries for longer runtime and less brightness but have never tried it. I believe run-time is 2-3 hours but not sure.

I like it so much that I am getting another one. Hope this information is useful.

PYKE

Newly Enlightened
IS WyaneJ from Elektro Lumens the same guy as Waynejitsu from CFP?

PYKE

Newly Enlightened
OK, better question....Is MR. ElektroLumens a member here?

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne has also returned (today!) to CPF as an authorized manufacturer over at the market place with his own forum here.