Romisen RC-R4?

bspofford

Enlightened
I have several of these, and they're very nice one-mode side clicky lights. The build quality is typical Romisen, and it's bright. My nonflashaholic friends and family like side clickys, and this is a great gift for them.:thumbsup:

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
Sorry for the nOOb questions, but is this flashlight upgradeable? It has the P4 in it so would a r2 drop in module fit? Is that the best choice to make this thing brighter?

bspofford

Enlightened
This light doesn't take P60 modules. The RC-E4 and RC-M4 do, and the M4 is the best choice for dropins.

DocD

Enlightened
just to ask does a rc-g4 take any upgrades in the led type such as a p60? many thank sorry for the hijack will send english beer:thumbsup:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
DocD, I don't think the RC-G4 takes P60 drop-ins.

04orgZx6r, the RC-M4 would be the better P60 accepting light. You should be able to open up the RC-R4 and swap the LED though.

bspofford

Enlightened
If you're willing to solder, you can upgrade most Romisen's because they are generally cooperative because they have accessible parts. The only two Romisen lights that take P60 modules are the RC-E4 and RC-M4, and the latter is a much better host. The RC-M4 (2XCR123 & 1X18650) had a lot in common with the old SuperFire WF-501B (2XCR123), but the new 501B has very poor construction and a glued ring holding the lens in place. The M4 is a very nice P60 host for only $17.

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
Ok, I am just looking for a cheaper bright light from dx that uses RCR123A. I have heard that most Romisen lights have good quality. Most members here say that the RC-F4 is a great light too. If I bought that light would I be able to solder in a brighter emitter in it? What one is the brightest? Sorry for all the questions. Also I am open to any input on what light to get.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
If you bought F4, you probably will not need to put brighter emitter. It is extremely bright as it is. F4 will take 2xCR123A or 2xRCR123A(protected) or 17650(unprotected)
It will be brightest with 2xRCR123A(protected).

If you want a cheap single cell, Romisen C3 is good light.

- Vikas