MX Power VS XGlow

tobjectpascal

Banned
Both use standard AA's

Sorry about the image quality, i don't have my proper camera with me it's out on "loan" lol i mean someones borrowed it and i need to beat the crap out of them to get it back.

mx1.jpg

The Lego torch/flashlight, i got it for $19 Australian http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150222904073 here, the XGlow cost $39 from jaycar.

mx2.jpg

And then the beamshot of the MX vs xglow

mx3.jpg

Pros: the MX is very very bright for it's price amazingly bright and the throw is pretty nice as it's a smooth reflector, there's a very small visible couple of rings towards the outer beam when close up but nothing notable a couple of feet away...

Cons: Design Build is pretty crappy here's a list.

1. When it arrived i put in an AA battery it refused to even switch on, i had to unscrew the pill and re-seat it as it was loose and was not making contact.

2. water proof yeah ok, so's a cylinder, the glass is loose and just presses up against the head when the pill screws down to keep it all in place, drop this in water and it will die (pointless having little o-rings for the rest of the body)

3. My rechargeable Energizer battery fits into the first compartment which the + touches the bottom of the pill the casing is negative, however the extender part of it will not fit my energizer battery i had to remove the plastic wrapper to make it fit.

4. did i mention how cheap it felt?

[edit]

5. one more, the little tail cap is inversed by that i mean when you press down from off the light does not come on, only when clicked then when you push down the light will go off (where as most of them you press down for a quick beam) but i suppose the tailcap can be replaced or even taken apart and have the circuit reversed.

So was it worth the $15 US i spent and $10 shipping, yes for me at least because i wanted something bright i can take around with me without worrying constantly about losing it or having it stolen it's not the end of the world.

So yeah if you don't mind messing with it to get it all working and you want a bright light with a decent throw on it which does not take up a lot of space this is pretty good.

Last edited: